Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway to safely remove those warning labels on the airbag and on top of the dash? I have a 99 Diablo, Has not been in the sun, covered for most of its life. Will it leave a mark?

·
Registered
13 Posts
A beautiful job of this was done on my '01 Diablo by Charles Carden at Lamborghini of Atlanta. You'd never know the sticker had been there. I forget what he used, but he said it was a simple procedure. Perhaps he will share the secret with you if you call to ask.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wings 700 -

Very simple - I just removed the warning labels from my '99 SV. Use one product and one product only - Goo Gone. It's citrus (Orange) based oil and it is available at Home Depot, Pep Boys and most large grocery chains. Just peel the stickers off and don't worry about the glue. Apply several applications of the stuff and let it soak in (using your fingers is a good idea as a towel will soak it up). A few wipes turning the cotton towel frequently will remove ALL the glue in a matter of seconds. Use a little more on a clean part of the towel to remove any remaining residue and keep up this last procedure until all the glue is gone. Use another clean towel with water and a good leather cleaner like Lexol cleaner to remove any more of the orange smelling oil and then treat and wipe with Lexol or Connolley Hide Food leather treatment. It will turn out perfect!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Would like to confirm that Goo Gone Stuff. I use it to cleanup leather and outside of car (oil spots etc). Works great!

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
I still have mine as well. I've been wanting to remove it but was afraid it would leave fade marks on my dash? Are you guys saying my 98 would not have fade marks if I remove the warning labels?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On the bottle of "Goo gone" it says do NOT use on leather. As the airbag cover is leather I would hesitate to use it. Ben recommended 3M Adhesive Remover. He said it came off in less than 2 minutes.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
wings700 said:
On the bottle of "Goo gone" it says do NOT use on leather. As the airbag cover is leather I would hesitate to use it. Ben recommended 3M Adhesive Remover. He said it came off in less than 2 minutes.
I would be hesitant on the 3M Adhesive Remover as well. I used that stuff on the leather seat of our Escalade and it stripped some of the leather dye. Granted, its the cheapo GM leather, but I'm afraid it could do damage to the Lambo leather as well. Just use with caution.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts