Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a Diablo 6.0 and am looking at doing a few mods.

First, the car does not have a wing... i know some people like that look, but i'd prefer a wing .. where would be the best place to get one?

Second, I would like to do the GT hood, and possibly the "scoops" on either side... once again, who is a good source for these parts?

Next, I would like to give it the SV look with the rear scoops coming up over the roof. A few questions... 1) does this block all rear vision - ie block the rear window? 2) does this part fit on the 6.0 ? 3) if answer to #2 is no, then same questions apply to GT roof scoop.

Finally, i have heard that it is smart to modify the ignition system? True? What is the modification, and best supplier?

I will also be buying the Kreissieg exhaust... any feedback on this? How does it sound? Any sounds clips?

Thanks for helping me out!

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
I saw three different auctions on Ebay for the wings that would be your best place if you dont want to spend 6k at the dealer

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
rdlviper said:
I have just purchased a Diablo 6.0 and am looking at doing a few mods.

First, the car does not have a wing... i know some people like that look, but i'd prefer a wing .. where would be the best place to get one?

Second, I would like to do the GT hood, and possibly the "scoops" on either side... once again, who is a good source for these parts?

Next, I would like to give it the SV look with the rear scoops coming up over the roof. A few questions... 1) does this block all rear vision - ie block the rear window? 2) does this part fit on the 6.0 ? 3) if answer to #2 is no, then same questions apply to GT roof scoop.

Finally, i have heard that it is smart to modify the ignition system? True? What is the modification, and best supplier?

I will also be buying the Kreissieg exhaust... any feedback on this? How does it sound? Any sounds clips?

Thanks for helping me out!
I can't think of a place that can supply you with those GT parts except a Lambo dealer. I've seen Platinum in OC do conversions like this before. talk to Grant or Jeff and see what they say.

The SV bonnet scoops will fit in a 6.0 The only problem is it may not be functional without modification to the 6.0's air intake. The scoops do not complete block out the rear view, but the the chicken wire mesh, it does distort the view. Spotting cops behind you is now almost impossible.

Kreissieg is a sweet sounding exhaust. It al depends what you like. If you like a high pitch as opposed to a low rumble, then Kriessieg would be a good candidate. If you like a low rumble sound, then look elsewhere. Sorry, I don't have sound clips.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The electrical problems with the ignitions system you are referring to might be the fact that the starter wasnt sufficiently grounded from the factory on some 6.0s. Might check that out. You can see a modified SV with a GT kit on it on Motorcars International web site. www.motorcars-intl.com
Not a 6.0 but a Diablo SV!

·
Registered
148 Posts
abunawafff said:
hi guys chek out lambo sport
my garage
hope that helps :)
yeah Mike @ Carrera Sport (Lamborghini Sport) is a good guy to know, he fitted my clutch and has been doing Lambos for years. He has done quite a few of the specials, including working on the Rod Stewart Countach Roadster (that he said was awful). I bought my GT bonnet and spoiler through him, although they were fitted closer to home as he is 200 miles+ away.

I will speak to him about becoming a member, I think he would be great for the forum ! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts