Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately I left my Diablo with the power cut off switch in on position and without the battery tender connected for the past 2 weeks. Now the battery is completely dead.
The battery is not even a few months old and it the Optima yellow top so I didn't think the battery would be completely gone. I tried to hook a battery tender (as in the picture attached) but it does not connect, I then used a battery conditioner and it will not connect or detect the battery, I drop the volt down to 2 volt to see if I can charge the battery but no connection. I dont want to remove the dang tire to get to the battery. What am I missing or doing wrong to recharge the battery while its still in the O sooo awesome intellectually designed and easily accessible location.. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
Unfortunately I left my Diablo with the power cut off switch in on position and without the battery tender connected for the past 2 weeks. Now the battery is completely dead.
The battery is not even a few months old and it the Optima yellow top so I didn't think the battery would be completely gone. I tried to hook a battery tender (as in the picture attached) but it does not connect, I then used a battery conditioner and it will not connect or detect the battery, I drop the volt down to 2 volt to see if I can charge the battery but no connection. I dont want to remove the dang tire to get to the battery. What am I missing or doing wrong to recharge the battery while its still in the O sooo awesome intellectually designed and easily accessible location.. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
If there is no connection , Your fuse might have blown . There is another fuse at the connection near starter.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Its possible that the battery is below the voltage required of your battery chargers to start charging (less than 10.5V or so). You can check with a multi-meter. At that point i usually hook another battery up in parallel with jumper cables to simulate the voltage while the charger brings the battery in the car up. . Hope this helps. Jay.

Reactions: AngelOfMurci

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you gents for the advice!!! Found what the issue was:

The door light remained on with the door shut, because that awesome uhmmm expansive Italian peace of rubber/plastic peace that closes the door switch was rotted. The battery volt went below 1.6 v so my battery conditioner/repair couldn’t bring up the voltage. I connected another battery in parallel (Thank You Aranciobull/Jay) and connected a Noco G10 and it took 3 days for the battery to fully recondition and charge (weather is below freezing here) So now the dilemma. Where do I find this peace? I am unable to find the part # on the Lamborghini part list. This is the black square rubber/plastic peace that is on the front bumper between the door, this is where the door switches rest when the door is closed. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
97.0 Diablo VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,815 Posts
Easy peasy lemon squeezy as my daughter would say. It is here on Bullstuff:
And is only $25.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Easy peasy lemon squeezy as my daughter would say. It is here on Bullstuff:
And is only $25.
Wish it was that easy peazy!!!!!! It's not the actual switch its the pad the switch hits when the door is closed, its glued to the front bumper as in the picture. Switch works fine.
It seems to be a rubber pad with a very thin layer of plastic on top of it and its deteriorated, I tried looking up the part # for it but unable to find it.

·
Premium Member
97.0 Diablo VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,815 Posts
Guess I’m confused. Mine is just a business card sized black sticker, for lack of a better word. There’s no functionality to it, just a scratch plate so the switches don’t scratch the paint. I was not aware it is hollow behind that sticker. So, can I posit a guess that you could improvise any other small plastic application, cut to fit, and glue in place?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya that's my next move but I figure I get factory thing a magaiggieee, I figure even with the lambo tax it couldn't be that expansive but I dont see a part # listed on the parts diag.

·
Registered
Diablo 6.0
125 Posts
The fender underneath the pad should not be damaged like that. You'll need to repair it. Make sure the switch body on the door is mounted correctly. Perhaps it is too proud and that's what caused the damage. Compare to the other door.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The fender underneath the pad should not be damaged like that. You'll need to repair it. Make sure the switch body on the door is mounted correctly. Perhaps it is too proud and that's what caused the damage. Compare to the other door.
The fender underneath is not damaged at all. The pad is made from spongy material with a plastic veneer on top of it and over time the sponge underneath has worn off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts