Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone...

Needed a little help: I had the Diablo out today (first time in about a month) and suddenly the ABS light came on followed by continuous beeping - started about 5 min into the drive. The beep would go on for about 1-2 minutes, then stop, and start again after 5min (for again 1-2 min).. The light (red color) stayed on the entire trip. I did not feel a difference in the actual braking.

Is this a common occurrence? Where/What should I start looking at?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
First thing, make sure the brake fluid reservoir is full. That is the main cause, if not that then it could be

Air has gotten into the brake system and needs to be bleed.

Also can mean break sensors for wear are triggering it, but highly unlikely as you would also notice a major difference in braking if that pads had gotten that low.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi..

Yes, I was able to get it fixed... I took up the advise and got the brake fluid changed and bled by my Ferrari tech (no good independent Lambo techs)... He also looked at the brake pads but they looked ok... He also found a leak in the power steering hose...

Light came back on next day... so I decided to look into the fuses/sensors myself... Ended up finding the right rear speed sensor was slightly loose... Switched it to the left side, and so far no light has come back in about 3 drives...

·
Registered
428 Posts
would brake fluid level above maximum cause this also ?
NO - I reduced the level to just below maximum and it still continues - will check speed sensor on each of the rear wheels hopefully tomorrow.

I've just changed rear discs and pads, and after 20 miles, the beep started and now doesn't stop!!

speed sensors connections look ok as far as I can see without removing wheels

started to clean rear sensors - passenger side rear a little dirty at end.
drivers side rear was stuck - wheel hub alloy had powdered in hole and sensor was jammed in - ended up breaking it in 2 to get it out.

seems to be a simple hall effect transducer.
seems to be easy to test for a faulty sensor.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eCJa7JZzfg

I've ordered:

Lamborghini Part #0051001139

Fits: Lamborghini Diablo 6.0 (2001), Diablo GT (1999), Diablo Roadster (1998), Diablo SV (1998), Diablo SV (1999), Murcielago (2003)

#0051001139: TYRE REVOLUT. SENS.
SENSORE GIRI RUOTA LAVOR.

·
Registered
428 Posts
measured resistance of the sensors is approximately 1004 ohms - tested two today ok.

To remove the front ones for cleaning you need to remove the main brake calipers.
To remove the rear ones for cleaning you need to remove the handbrake calipers.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Problem solved

Problem solved - was due to poor wiring connection on front left wheel.

attached are some pictures which may help others:

- ABS sensor hole (showing toothed wheel).

- ABS System Fuse 32 (next to main fuse box at passenger's feet)

- Wiring diagram 24 for the ABS system

- Hand drawn diagram of the pin out of the ABS system plug as you look at it - right have side only drawn (left had side is main power connectors).

note - in future I would not recommend removing any of the ABS sensors, but first disconnecting the ABS multi pin cable from the ABS system - in the front boot, removing the panel with the light on it - and then:
1. check that it has power in the 2 large red cables (from the fuse box) and the green cable (from the system fuse)
2. checking the continuity of the 4 sensors - this is how I found the issue with mine

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts