Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driver's window is not working, passenger side is fine. I checked the motor and this is OK. There is always 12V on the wires to the lifting motor on the driver's side. I think the ECU is malfunctioning. Is it necessary to replace the ECU or can this be fixed with other relays? A replacement ECU is expensive and hard to find...

·
Registered
707 Posts
Those ecu's are know for having issues. I replaced mine a few years ago and it lasted maybe a month and started doing the same thing as the last. It only goes down about once in every 100 times you press it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those ecu's are know for having issues. I replaced mine a few years ago and it lasted maybe a month and started doing the same thing as the last. It only goes down about once in every 100 times you press it.
Do you know why the ecu is needed? The passenger window is working without an ecu, or am I mistaking?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Hi, what switch are you referring to pls?
Steven,
I don’t own a Diablo. But I would imagine when you press the down or up button on the door, it would simply complete a circuit (relay in the door) causing the voltage to be supplied to the motor.

Does anyone know why an ECU would be involved in operating the door? Especially for an old car that’s primarily mechanical.

Makes no sense.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I believe it's a very simple ecu. From what I understand windows need more than a simple switch because of the different functions like auto stopping going up and down and stopping if there is an obstruction. It's been so long since I've driven my car I don't remember exactly the functions they have but many electric windows have an auto down feature as well.

·
Premium Member
97.0 Diablo VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,815 Posts
Stephen, there is in fact a window ECU. If you follow this link:

to the parts diagram, go to part number 22. This is just a particular link to one of the vendors but there are several other vendors out there with these parts. They’re not cheap so I would exhaust all options to try to find your issue elsewhere. One of the issues you want to look at before you go down this route is to determine if your door ajar button is making contact or even works anymore. When you shut your door it hits a button to show the door is in fact closed and that button is a known failure point and will cause the windows not to work. It is part #7 in this link:

Good luck and please report your progress.

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
Stephen, I accidentally sent you a 96 Roadster part diagram when you have a 92 coupe. Very similar system but here is the link. You can figure this out yourself on the Internet of course as I don’t believe the windows changed over the model years.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stephen, I accidentally sent you a 96 Roadster part diagram when you have a 92 coupe. Very similar system but here is the link. You can figure this out yourself on the Internet of course as I don’t believe the windows changed over the model years.
OK thanks for the info, I'll check the buttons first!

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
Steve, my 97 Roadster doors cannot operate with the door open, or for that matter if the door did not fully close to press those door ajar buttons. Yours is a coupe? Can someone else confirm if their windows operate with the door up?

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
Oh, as for the drivers side door ajar button, did you test them or are you assuming via pushing it with your finger that they are working properly? The issue with those buttons is the internal contact eventually fails to make contact— maybe the copper contact gets corroded or bends — however they still seem to work to the touch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh, as for the drivers side door ajar button, did you test them or are you assuming via pushing it with your finger that they are working properly? The issue with those buttons is the internal contact eventually fails to make contact— maybe the copper contact gets corroded or bends — however they still seem to work to the touch.
I have tested them with a meter, contact/no contact test... That was OK.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts