Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
So I'm new to the forum, and I just wanted some input from the guys who have already been there and done it, or anyone really. Some short background information- I'm 19, a freshman in Community College majoring in Accounting, (I'm good with money, I like learning about the stock market and financial stuff, and I plan on creating an investment portfolio soon) and I'm setting 15k aside right now as my kind of foundation for saving up for the Gallardo. I want it more than anything else. Each year I plan on setting aside 10k more so by the end of college I'll have about 45k to use towards the Gallardo. I already have housing and everything else mostly figured out. Basically I'm just curious what you guys think of my plan, and I'm also very interested in hearing everyone's stories and what they went through during this journey. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,831 Posts
Welcome to the world of Lamborghini J!
Saving money is a great plan in itself, and if having a dream of owning a Lamborghini gives you the motivation to do so then that's fantastic.

In the meantime stick around and learn all you can. Best of luck!

·
Registered
497 Posts
My wife got me mine for my birthday so marriage choice turned out good for me.

As for saving for a car, I guess a lot depends not he state of the world (not trying to go deep on this but reality is reality).
One year you could buy a car with a 10% deposit and the next it requires 40% and the thing is, we can't control them elements which is a bummer.

Look for the right car, a good option imo is to look for what suits you and not what suits the majority and by that I mean look for the option that satisfies your craving.

If money is tight, look for a damaged car or a high mileage car that others may shy away from but in reality would quench your desire and put you into the driving seat sooner rather than later.
A wealthy businessman who has little financial concern will pay the premium for a mint low mileage car so why fight someone in that category ?
Look for the insurance company salvage agents or trawl through the small adds as many a bargain are found through these routes.

Each marketplace is going to differ but you have what seems like a good head on your shoulders so I wish you the very best. The world needs more people who want to achieve personal goals.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's awesome, I hope one day I have a wife who will do that for me. And yea I'm just praying that Gallardo prices are around where they are now once I'm ready to pull the trigger. It would be just my luck for prices to skyrocket once I'm ready. I would settle for the options that no one really wants (e-gear, boring color, high miles, etc.) just for the purpose of being able to attain my goal; it's inevitable. I love being able to talk about this stuff on this website, everyone on here seems pretty great for the most part and I'm very glad to have discovered this website. Thank you for even taking the time to reply to me! I really appreciate it, and I figured probably no one would.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I felt exactly like you describe at that point in my life.

I had a similar background and similar plan.

Life is crazy and full of the unexpected. I am in my mid 40s and still a ways off from getting the car I really want.

I would say.... save like you mean it, and if worse comes to worse, you have all of that savings at your disposal.

I think savings plans are the best plans and borrowing plans are the worst plans.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts