Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
David,

I had a few questions about your Jalpa. Do you know if the gears are stock ratio and set. ie. do you have lower or higher gears than stock? I was thinking with all that HP you could out do the 154 top speed with higher gears. Also do you have about 500HP at the flywheel or is that 500+ at the rear wheels? That would mean more than 575 being cranked out of that engine!! Amazing numbers either way.

have you had it to a track for 0-60 or 1/4 mile times, dyno, or Gteched?

Sorry for the rash of questions just wondering.

I just checked your garage, forget some of the questions. I still do wonder about the clutch and transmission though.

Thanks David

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
David,

The transmission was rebuilt at the same time as the engine. I believe it is the stock gears but a performance clutch. The car was Dynoed at Davinci Motors at 503 hp at the wheels. This again was all done before I bought the car.

I thought that I was going to have to remove the engine for the valve guides but it ended up to be the turbo dumping oil into the exhaust. As of right now the turbo is all over the garage. I have installed an electronic turbo controller and ordered a fire suppression system. I don't want to have all this money and time go up in flames. :)

I don't have the test numbers yet but as soon as everything is up and running I'll get all that to you. If there are any other question please let me know and I'll try to answer the best I can. If you need pictures of anything let me know.

-David

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info David.

What is the benefit of an elec tronic turbo controler?

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
An Electronic controller monitors the boost. If you have a manual controller and the turbo spikes it can damage the motor. The electronic one will shut down the turbo if there are any problems. You can also set it to have increased boost based on gear selection or throttle position (on modern cars with the computer). However, on the jalpa you can adjust the boost from inside the car while driving. There are a lot of benefits from it.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW this is pretty nice. I gather there is a servo that contols the turbos. That is really nice that you can shut down one of the turbos.

That car is amazing!!! Enjoy it. How was the interior when you got it? I also remember you were debating painting it or leaving it. Have you made up your mind yet?

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
The interior was horrible. I tore everything out and put in new carpet and redid the seats. As for paint??? I haven't decided. Plus I want to have it done right if I am going to do it. It is very unique now...but even if paint it is still rare 1 or 420. So I am going to continue to debate. :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts