Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, my name is Tanbir Nandra and I am a new member to this forum. With that being said, I hope that this forum will welcome me!

Onwards, the topic in question for me is the depreciation of the Lamborghini Huracan. I am a prospective buyer, mainly for the second-hand market. I am aiming to purchase in about 4-5 years, long for some but enough time to me. By how much will the Huracan depreciate in this time period? Let's assume 2015 model, either 580-2 or 610-4. (My goal is to get a 580-2 however.)

If forum members could give me ball park numbers I would really appreciate it. I am aware, however, that color, mileage and other factors are involved.

I am assuming that is will follow the Gallardo's depreciation, being around $210,000 on the high side and possibly as low as $180,000. (I am talking Canadian price, currently you could get either the 580 or 610 for a high of $305k and low of $280)

I would really appreciate the feedback, I know it seems far away but this is a goal that is dear to me, I am sure that many have felt the same way. Thank you.

P.S Can anyone recommend a Canadian insurance company that can give a decent rate? ($1000 and under a month possibly? again dependent on personal things but I would like to know what others are paying)

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,195 Posts
I can't give any numbers because I'd be guessing but I can give you a Welcome to the forum Tanbir!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Unfortunately nobody can tell you where the market will be in 4-5 years.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hang on, let me go dust off my crystal ball.....ok, I'm back. Lets see..if I shake it to the left it tells me prices will be a low of $155,762.57 us dollars. If I shake it to the right it tells me $152,364.13 us dollars.
I hope this helps
Regards,
Merlin

·
Vendor
229 Posts
Hang on, let me go dust off my crystal ball.....ok, I'm back. Lets see..if I shake it to the left it tells me prices will be a low of $155,762.57 us dollars. If I shake it to the right it tells me $152,364.13 us dollars.
I hope this helps
Regards,
Merlin
^LOL

Trying to determine the price 4-5 years in advance could be pretty futile.

I would just pick a # to save towards, and 6 months before you hit that target re-evaluate the market. Who knows 650S could be $50,000 by then. I kid I kid.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
As much as I love the McLaren 570s I just can't justify buying one because of their depreciation. McLaren just doesn't hold value whatsoever!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Just research gallardo price curve it should follow the same percentage drops per year.

I don't think this will be true.

The Huracan is double in production numbers compared to the Gallardo. There will be twice as many that hit the used market when the special editions come out.

2008 Bianco Monocercous Superleggera #888

·
Registered
658 Posts

The Huracan is double in production numbers compared to the Gallardo. There will be twice as many that hit the used market when the special editions come out.

That's even worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,304 Posts

You'll see a spike with these cars once Lambo goes to a turbo engine but that won't be a long time.

Also Lambo is somewhat limiting production witgh 3,500 cars per year which will also include Aventadors. Compare this to Ferrari which will produce tons of 488's.

·
Registered
658 Posts
You'll see a spike with these cars once Lambo goes to a turbo engine but that won't be a long time.

Also Lambo is somewhat limiting production witgh 3,500 cars per year which will also include Aventadors. Compare this to Ferrari which will produce tons of 488's.

Well looking at that analogy, there was absolutely no spike at all in the NA 458's when Ferrari came out with the turbo 488. In fact, everyone touts the 458 engine to be the last NA V8 to ever be produced by Ferrari....still no spike, still depreciating. However the Speciale and Aperta (limited production cars) have done well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
889 Posts
When I was shopping for a Gallardo in Dec 2012, I vividly remember the 2009 cars having asks of $185k....4 years old at the time with MSRPs of $240k or so.

I expect the Huracan to have more % of depreciation from MSRP since there is more competition in the segment. Even the R8+ is a great car now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts