Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my business did really well this year and my wife agreed to buy me a Lamborghini for my birthday. I have to say, this is truly a lifelong dream. Considering I had no bank account or home to speak of 16 years ago, let's just say I've turned my life around and many others along the way. I believe it's a testament to what hard work and honesty can accomplish in life.
Anyhow, with that said, I have been following this forum for the past few weeks, even got some help on some potential buys. My price point was relatively low so I expected to get a car with high miles which works perfect for me because I don't want a trophy, I want a car I can drive. Also I can only dive seasonally here so I think overall it will even out the high miles. I purchased the one listed from Jakes Motorcars in San Diego. The car had a great history of maintenance and the Pre-purchase Inspection checked out ok with the exception of an oil leak which is being looked into. With that said, are there any other members on here from Connecticut?
I had originally thought of getting a Spyder and then upped my limit to a Murci but ultimately thought why not get this car at this price, enjoy it for a few years and then consider going to the more expensive family. I can't tell you how excited I am but can only imagine all of you know the same feeling of anticipation for your car to arrive. Do any of you know this car from Jakes?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Congrats! Enjoy it in good health!

Don't know your car but it's a beauty! (I am partial to white)
Yes - the anticipation is a great feeling, and it'll be NOTHING compared to the excitement once it arrives and you can start driving it. Even if you decide to wait until the weather improves - just having it in the garage will be a thrill.

Looking forward to pics and stories once it arrives :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@MjThind Thanks for the birthday wishes. I have to admit, when I bought my Porsche 911 (triple black) 7 years ago, as it came off the truck I was imagining what color my Lamborghini would be, lol. This is truly a birthday to remember.

@carol . I think the white is just so damn classy! Yeah, this is killing me already. We have snow on the ground!!! Do I have enough willpower not to drive it til the season ends and the rain washes the salt/sand off the roads or do I take it for a nice run and wash it down. I can't answer that question right now, hah.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I'm looking at some Gallardo also, what year is your? I'm assuming 2008 or older? How much did you pay for yours? How many miles? Did you purchase additional warranty?

Congrats! I hope to join the bullriding team soon as well!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@ashieh75 It's a 2006 that is just about loaded. My suggestion to you is take at least 2 weeks looking over ALL the features for all the Gallardos. Things like the glass bonnet, the branding package, obviously interior/exterior colors, rims, etc. There's so many choices that I found my wants versus needs changed over that time. I paid a remarkable $100k for mine but it has 35k miles on it. I'd have never taken this car if it weren't for the fact that this car for nearly all of it's lifetime was maintained at the same place. The guy that did the work knew the ins/outs of this car and what can and shouldn't be done to them as far as maintenance, add-ons, etc. Things like aftermarket stereos and speakers can affect the computer system. Mistreating the leather with leather cleaners, etc. is a no-no, and the list goes on. Also the $7,000 clutch replacement which is a common thing on these cars should be considered in your price. This has 85% left on it. I didn't purchase the additional warranty as it was bought on the West Coast and I live on the East Coast and will again only be driving seasonal so paying for a time-based warranty isn't in my best interest. It does however come with 1000 mile warranty which is a nice bonus.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I found a 2008 G Spyder for $150K thinking about getting it, but was informed that 2009 editions has much improvements so now I'm looking at 2009-10 Gallardos. If I do that, then I'm looking to spend anywhere from $170-200K for a 2009 or 2010!

Did you look at 2009 models or did you decide based on cost ranges (around $100K)?

Personally, I believe the looks of 2008 or older Gallardo looks WAY better than the 2009 or newer models!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think you should call a couple Lamborghini dealers in your area and talk to some of the service guys. They know exactly how many 08's and 09s have come in for problems and will know the improvements. You are spending a LOT of $ so you should get exactly what you want and like/love. Again, I started off wanting an 06-08 Spyder, then went to wanting an 06 Murci Roadster, then decided to go with the 06 Gallardo Coupe with full intentions of going to either a Spyder or Murcielago Roadster in 4-6 years. There's a $60-$80k difference there so I'm very happy with my decision. It was well thought out, except buying this week instead of last month where we had no snow! :)

·
Registered
I own no Lamborghini cars had to sell the Twice Baked Bull years ago. I remain a build consultant.
1,117 Posts
AMEN hard work should have real results.. Your wife should get to pick the color just sayin.. ;)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Things like aftermarket stereos and speakers can affect the computer system.
I wonder how much truth there is to this, or if this was a one time thing from someone not knowing what they were doing when they installed a system???

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Very nice and congrats!! Im from new york. Not to far from CT. We do a lot of meets down here so you should join us when ever you can. Once again congrats and enjoy her in health!

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Fantastic looking car. Enjoy the hell out of it!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok, so my business did really well this year and my wife agreed to buy me a Lamborghini for my birthday. I have to say, this is truly a lifelong dream. Considering I had no bank account or home to speak of 16 years ago, let's just say I've turned my life around and many others along the way. I believe it's a testament to what hard work and honesty can accomplish in life.
Anyhow, with that said, I have been following this forum for the past few weeks, even got some help on some potential buys. My price point was relatively low so I expected to get a car with high miles which works perfect for me because I don't want a trophy, I want a car I can drive. Also I can only dive seasonally here so I think overall it will even out the high miles. I purchased the one listed from Jakes Motorcars in San Diego. The car had a great history of maintenance and the Pre-purchase Inspection checked out ok with the exception of an oil leak which is being looked into. With that said, are there any other members on here from Connecticut?
I had originally thought of getting a Spyder and then upped my limit to a Murci but ultimately thought why not get this car at this price, enjoy it for a few years and then consider going to the more expensive family. I can't tell you how excited I am but can only imagine all of you know the same feeling of anticipation for your car to arrive. Do any of you know this car from Jakes?
Also from CT here, whereabouts are you from?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts