Lamborghini Talk banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I’m sure it will definitely have a higher MSRP. I could see SF90 pricing or somewhere around that. I just don’t want crazy pricing. Im sure a lot of pricing will be in the options list. I’m sure you can easily push the pricing to crazy limits depending on how you spec it out.

I’m getting the roadster so i still have a lot of time unfortunately. At least it’s something to look forward to! And put extra money aside for it. Always a plus.
I would love a roadster too but the +1 year waiting time would kill me. It could make sense to get a coupe first and swap it for a roadster once that arrives - shouldn't lose any value since the first deliveries will be very highly sought after anyway.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I would love a roadster too but the +1 year waiting time would kill me. It could make sense to get a coupe first and swap it for a roadster once that arrives - shouldn't lose any value since the first deliveries will be very highly sought after anyway.
It’s torture . That’s not a bad idea. The only problem for me with coupes is it’s a little to tight for me. Im
Not small so the coupe is a-little rough. Like you said it really shouldn’t loose any value if it does extremely little

·
Registered
327 Posts
I would definitely put a deposit down and get on a list if you are even considering the car. Especially if the deposit is refundable. I made the mistake of wanting to see the C8 Z06 before I put a deposit on one and now I'm looking at a 3 to 4 year wait if I proceed.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I would definitely put a deposit down and get on a list if you are even considering the car. Especially if the deposit is refundable. I made the mistake of wanting to see the C8 Z06 before I put a deposit on one and now I'm looking at a 3 to 4 year wait if I proceed.
damn yup I put a deposit down. With the way Covid is going up and down, who knows how long this car market might be like this.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I put a deposit (2nd allocation at my dealer) after the SVJ unveiling because at that time it was rumored the replacement would be launched around 2020.

I reckon the replacement will be sold out for the first production year, maybe even for 2 years so if you get an early coupe you can flip it, make a boat load of money and get in line for the roadster. This is my plan because I want the roadster.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I put a deposit (2nd allocation at my dealer) after the SVJ unveiling because at that time it was rumored the replacement would be launched around 2020.

I reckon the replacement will be sold out for the first production year, maybe even for 2 years so if you get an early coupe you can flip it, make a boat load of money and get in line for the roadster. This is my plan because I want the roadster.
seems like a smart move. I’m just not a coupe person. Trying to figure out if I want to go that route or not.

I’m also alittle iffy on the 1st year model since this one will be pretty different

·
Registered
372 Posts
seems like a smart move. I’m just not a coupe person. Trying to figure out if I want to go that route or not.

I’m also alittle iffy on the 1st year model since this one will be pretty different
I am the same. I only like Roadsters. But I am first in line for the Coupe over here just in case. I have no problem to get the Coupe and then flip it for the Roadster when it arrives, but would that diminish how special the Roadster delivery will be?
And of course when you look at history, every V12 Lambo was crap for the first release year - tons of various problems. Do I want to put up with that?

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I am the same. I only like Roadsters. But I am first in line for the Coupe over here just in case. I have no problem to get the Coupe and then flip it for the Roadster when it arrives, but would that diminish how special the Roadster delivery will be?
And of course when you look at history, every V12 Lambo was crap for the first release year - tons of various problems. Do I want to put up with that?
Same here. The roadster will be the one I really want. I don’t want to take away from it and I’m afraid of 1st user problems. Im more afraid this year because of so many new rumored things. I don’t want to get stranded somewhere. But i really want the car!!

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I put a deposit down for both. So I can start with the coupe and just trade / swap once the roadster is done. Im not the biggest coupe person , but I’m sure I’ll love it

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Looks like the next gen roadster will have the tops fold in...

View attachment 303483 View attachment 303484 View attachment 303485
Seems like it would be a lot easier. Especially when parking. If it’s simple to just fold or unfold , that would be great. I would love to just keep it open, however I’ve always been to afraid. I don’t trust people. It’s sad but some people would spit , throw there drinks ect it it. I’ve heard horror stories

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
So I spoke with my SA yesterday about the replacement and he was telling me only clients who have purchased multiple cars and are considered vip will be receiving alloctions.

He also mentioned as a dealer they're not keeping a list or accepting deposits from non-owners because they expect alloctions will be hard to come by and most likely first and possibly second year of production will be sold out.

So if you're getting allocation, get it and don't let go.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
So I spoke with my SA yesterday about the replacement and he was telling me only clients who have purchased multiple cars and are considered vip will be receiving alloctions.

He also mentioned as a dealer they're not keeping a list or accepting deposits from non-owners because they expect alloctions will be hard to come by and most likely first and possibly second year of production will be sold out.

wow I’m really happy I was able to put a deposit down. I did for the coupe and roadster so that should keep me in a good place. As far as I know and my dealer said I’m on the list. I got it in early because he told me not many alittle over a month ago. They are expecting it to really pick up now

I also have one for the updated urus. Trading mine in when that comes out. Supposed to be some nice changes. I do love the brand. I tried getting into Ferrari and couldn’t. My friend is getting the SF90 and will check it out.

·
Registered
233 Posts

I mean, to be honest, I hope this is the way it goes. So many people buying just to flip that don't care about the brand at all.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
FYI:
New AV will come before the Huracan replacement and will push between 1050 to 1100 HP. V 12 with ~800Hp + 2 electric motors for the front wheels. Ive also been told it will be a wild design - tasteful but more hyper car than super car. Likely to be a 1 year run which seems odd. I believe the new design will be introduced in January/February timeframe.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts