Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,
So I spoke to my dealer about putting a deposit on the next gen model. I’m wanting the roaster version of it. Any idea how long after the coupe comes out the roadsters / open top comes out ?

Debating if it’s to early to put it down or might as well. With everything that’s going on now I’m in debate. This will be my first aventador so I’m excited. I know it’s going to be a long wait.

·
Registered
2017 Aventador S
158 Posts
You mention next gen, so I'm assuming you mean the Aventador's replacement. If the Aventador's rollout is any indication, they'll likely sell only Coupes the first model year and introduce the Roadster the following year. 2023 or 2024 would be my guess. Given all the issues with the first MY of the Aventador, I don't think I'd want the first year of the replacement either.

Is your dealer willing to sell to you at MSRP? What assurances do they give that they won't sell your spot in line to a someone willing to pay more? If you don't mind waiting 3 years, putting a deposit down now isn't a bad idea, as long as you know your position in the queue is secured.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You mention next gen, so I'm assuming you mean the Aventador's replacement. If the Aventador's rollout is any indication, they'll likely sell only Coupes the first model year and introduce the Roadster the following year. 2023 or 2024 would be my guess. Given all the issues with the first MY of the Aventador, I don't think I'd want the first year of the replacement either.

Is your dealer willing to sell to you at MSRP? What assurances do they give that they won't sell your spot in line to a someone willing to pay more? If you don't mind waiting 3 years, putting a deposit down now isn't a bad idea, as long as you know your position in the queue is secured.
All valid points. So far the dealer has been great with me. When I got my urus, every urus was 20k over msrp I still got it at msrp with no issues and kept my spot in line. . I will certainly bring that up to them.

Waiting three years will be torture… but I think it’s worth holding my spot on something that may be very hard to get in the beginning.

I agree that the first year model is scary , but at least the engine will be out for a year or two prior since I want the roadster.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please keep us posted how it all goes - I REALLY like you strategy/thinking on this.
Thanks. I ended up doing it. So I have that to look forward to. The biggest question now ,do I get a current aventador ( preowned ) , huracan to hold me till then. At this point I would wait till the end of winter. I shipped my urus from up north to down south for the winter. Prices are just so high right now

·
Registered
2017 Aventador S
158 Posts
Thanks. I ended up doing it. So I have that to look forward to. The biggest question now ,do I get a current aventador ( preowned ) , huracan to hold me till then. At this point I would wait till the end of winter. I shipped my urus from up north to down south for the winter. Prices are just so high right now
I'd wait a few more months, seems like prices are starting to cool a bit. December should bring some deals.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Don't buy anything in the short term, it's not a buyers market.

I'm also predicting a correction for Aventador prices including the SVJ/SV once the replacement is announced. Not only will the replacement have a new V12 which is a big deal but the overall design will instantly make the current A look dated. There's also the possibility that lot of A owners will start unloading their A's for the replacement so you might see a spike in used market.

I would tread carefully.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I'm also predicting a correction for Aventador prices including the SVJ/SV once the replacement is announced. Not only will the replacement have a new V12 which is a big deal but the overall design will instantly make the current A look dated. There's also the possibility that lot of A owners will start unloading their A's for the replacement so you might see a spike in used market.

I would tread carefully.
completely agree with you. That’s also one of the reasons I ended up putting a deposit down. Once things start adjusting , I’ll look at what’s out there. Possibly huracan instead while I wait. Unless something else gets my mind.

·
Registered
18 Posts

I would tread carefully.
prices went up post announcement, no correction, just inflation lmao

·
Registered
301 Posts
^
I agree. The next gen Aventador will be pushing 900HP, least tech, dual clutch and a brand new V12 engine. The Aventador will be dated and a lot of Aventaodr owners will be unloading their cars for the new flagship.

And I didn't put a deposit down but I'm getting the 2nd car at my dealer. Can't wait.

·
Registered
18 Posts
But there's no images of the replacement. The needle will move once people see what the replacement looks and the insane performance.

Lets revisit my post once more information is released and there's a release date for the replacement.
Sorry when you said replacement I thought you were referring to the ultimate edition not the next gen av

·
Registered
SVJ Roadster, Ferrari 16M, 83 Ferrari 308 GTB QV, Ferrari Roma
45 Posts
^
I agree. The next gen Aventador will be pushing 900HP, least tech, dual clutch and a brand new V12 engine. The Aventador will be dated and a lot of Aventaodr owners will be unloading their cars for the new flagship.

And I didn't put a deposit down but I'm getting the 2nd car at my dealer. Can't wait.
Maybe, maybe not. Moving to electrification is not very appealing to myself. I’m sure the next gen AV will be very cool, but a lot of current owners prefer that NA V12. BTW, I’ll also miss the AV clutch too. It is a feature, not a bug!!!

·
Registered
2017 Aventador S
158 Posts
Maybe, maybe not. Moving to electrification is not very appealing to myself. I’m sure the next gen AV will be very cool, but a lot of current owners prefer that NA V12. BTW, I’ll also miss the AV clutch too. It is a feature, not a bug!!!
This man gets it. Once you get used to it, the SCT is a lot of fun.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,506 Posts
1 - 20 of 64 Posts