I think mine was about 4 to 6 weeks. I followed the vessel all the way,

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,062 Posts

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
I can’t remember, but I will look to see if I can find my paperwork.
I have an Evo on the water to San Diego, it's been about 3 weeks, I'm going to see if I can get vessel/details on Monday. It should arrive within a week

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,657 Posts
I have an Evo on the water to San Diego, it's been about 3 weeks, I'm going to see if I can get vessel/details on Monday. It should arrive within a week
Your EVO is on the SFL Conductor correct?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,657 Posts
^^As an additional data point my VIN was assigned on the 7th of September and departed Emden on the 24th of September. I believe @tfenton02 EVO is on the SFL Conductor and said ship departed Veracruz Mexico on the 15th of October (so, the SFL conductor has been at sea, as of today, a total of 23 days). So, I would guesstimate another week to San Diego or ~ 30 day trip +/- from Emden to San Diego.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,062 Posts
I watched mine go through the Panama Canal and up the coast of Mexico and it took over a week. It was painfully slow.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^^As an additional data point my VIN was assigned on the 7th of September and departed Emden on the 24th of September. I believe @tfenton02 EVO is on the SFL Conductor and said ship departed Veracruz Mexico on the 15th of October (so, the SFL conductor has been at sea, as of today, a total of 23 days). So, I would guesstimate another week to San Diego or ~ 30 day trip +/- from Emden to San Diego.
From my dealer near the west coast: around 45 days from VIN. Fastest they've seen is 25 days, longest is 60.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,657 Posts
From my dealer near the west coast: around 45 days from VIN. Fastest they've seen is 25 days, longest is 60.
Yes, that is true, because it's highly dependent on the number of stops from Baltimore to San Diego the ship makes. Here is a dated export schedule but if does reveal that some ships reach San Diego faster than others.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, that is true, because it's highly dependent on the number of stops from Baltimore to San Diego the ship makes. Here is a dated export schedule but if does reveal that some ships reach San Diego faster than others.
Is it possible to have the car stop in Baltimore/Houston and ship it by truck to the dealer? Seems like that would be faster

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,657 Posts
I imagine that would be possible but that would take a lot of extra effort on the part of your SA. Unfortunately, of late* SAs don't seem that interested in going the extra mile.

*my SA, Chase Winslow, at Charlotte Lamborghini, is an exception and he is quite impressive but he is more the exception than the rule.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I imagine that would be possible but that would take a lot of extra effort on the part of your SA. Unfortunately, of late* SAs don't seem that interested in going the extra mile.

*my SA, Chase Winslow, at Charlotte Lamborghini, is an exception and he is quite impressive but he is more the exception than the rule.
Not possible, not even remotely. The builds are locked to a specific dealer AND a specific port of entry.

IF it isn’t build completed yet, you MIGHT be able to change to air freight. I was able to do that for my Huracan. Took 2 days to arrive at dealer once build complete.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,657 Posts
Not possible, not even remotely. The builds are locked to a specific dealer AND a specific port of entry.
Not surprised but even if it were possible, that would not be something I would entertain doing. It sounds too complicated, and as such, too many things could go very wrong.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

IF it isn’t build completed yet, you MIGHT be able to change to air freight. I was able to do that for my Huracan. Took 2 days to arrive at dealer once build complete.
My dealer said that once Lamborghini is ready to ship, they give 2 days to decide air or ship. Problem is the urus air shipping seems to be around 25k.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,657 Posts
OP, do what you feel most comfortable doing but, if I had to choose between shelling out $25K or waiting for the ship freebee + waiting a few more weeks I would go freebee all day long. Lamborghinis' are fun but they're just cars...........not the holy grail.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OP, do what you feel most comfortable doing but, if I had to choose between shelling out $25K or waiting for the ship freebee + waiting a few more weeks I would go freebee all day long. Lamborghinis' are fun but they're just cars...........not the holy grail.
Freight shipping still is $4k. I have been thinking about it and will likely do ship, just hoping it arrives in November

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.