Lamborghini Talk banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Did you check with WPB to see if they have people already waiting for allocations?
Yea he's got 1 order waiting ahead of me for August. Still seems to be the best option. Hopefully he gets 2 slots and everything is resolved next month.
Sarasota has 2 or 3 people waiting I think they said but would call me if they got an extra August slot they could give me.
Charlotte actually told me to call WPB lol

·
Registered
2021 Lamborghini SVJ Roadster, 2020 Ranger Rover Velar SV, 2019 Audi RS 5
74 Posts
Have you contacted Lamborghini Broward?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Confirmed with the GM. SA was lying. Not only was it not a June allocation, he said he doesnt even have a July allocation to give me and there's a line of people ahead of me waiting for allocations still!

Called WPB and they had only 1 July slot which was taken shortly after I passed on it, to go with those guys in south FL (never doing business with anyone in Miami again).
Sarasota told me they didn't get any July allocations. Even tried calling Atlanta and Charlotte and they said it would be a few months before they could get me an allocation. So looks like backlog is going to get worse before it gets better...

Im now looking at an August allocation assuming WPB gets one.
I guess Im still no worse than if I had stayed with the lying dealership since it wouldn't have been before August anyway and the SA over at WPB is so nice to deal with it's worth it.
Confirmed with the GM. SA was lying. Not only was it not a June allocation, he said he doesnt even have a July allocation to give me and there's a line of people ahead of me waiting for allocations still!

Called WPB and they had only 1 July slot which was taken shortly after I passed on it, to go with those guys in south FL (never doing business with anyone in Miami again).
Sarasota told me they didn't get any July allocations. Even tried calling Atlanta and Charlotte and they said it would be a few months before they could get me an allocation. So looks like backlog is going to get worse before it gets better...

Im now looking at an August allocation assuming WPB gets one.
I guess Im still no worse than if I had stayed with the lying dealership since it wouldn't have been before August anyway and the SA over at WPB is so nice to deal with it's worth it.
Ah so sad to read stories like this... especially at that price point. I can understand a used Honda dealer screwing you or misleading you, but at super car level, you wouldn't expect it, or at least I wouldn't.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yea WPB is probably the best bet out of all the florida dealerships. They said they could put me in a June allocation right away, didn't really believe it, but apparently they did as was foretold from what I saw in LOOM. But I probably got lucky because of the whole sport seats delay.

At one of the dealer ships I called, the SA said it would be like a year wait for an EVO and there was like 40! people in line ahead of me. I guess they really didn't want me to place an order. Better for me. I don't get how one dealership could be so overloaded compared to the others.

Moral of the story, a bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Thanks guys.
At least I found out after only 1 month ... I would have been really pissed in 3 months.
WPB guy says he usually gets 2-3 slots a month but only got 1 in July so he's cautiously optimistic I will be good in August.
Another plus side, WPB deposit is only $5k.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Misery loves company, right? I wasn't misled, but I'm in the allocation waiting boat with you. Hopefully things unfold favorably. I placed my deposit with intentions of getting RWD; seems like everyone is ordering those. After thinking, I may want to go AWD. Anyone know if they're still being built?

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,646 Posts
The AWD is getting built, more people opt for the RWD because it's cheaper.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,408 Posts
OP, hopefully you will get your allocation in August at WPB. If so what would that put your delivery time frame at?

You didn't need a crystal ball to see that EVO allocations were going to get scarce, and I, as well as many others, anticipated this onslaught in early May. Although it's disappointing to have to wait a little longer to get a NEW EVO it's infinitely better than paying $30K or more over MSRP for a preowned example that someone else specced. Let us know if the August allocation pans out. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
Yea that is what my dealership told me which still works for me to get car in time for start of season. I'm next in line there so pretty confident will have allocation soon

·
Super Moderator
3,328 Posts
My question is does the dealer know definitively if your order received allocation when they input and validate the order or is that delayed?

·
Premium Member
6,408 Posts
My question is does the dealer know definitively if your order received allocation when they input and validate the order or is that delayed?
If I understand your question correctly I am pretty sure the SA knows immediately if the allocation is "real time".

·
Super Moderator
3,328 Posts
My question is really how long does it take for Status and Tracking to update from Enquiry and Enquiry Validated to Production and Start Of Production in Loom. My dealer said this can take quite a bit of time but asking for people that have experienced it first hand.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
OP, hopefully you will get your allocation in August at WPB. If so what would that put your delivery time frame at?

You didn't need a crystal ball to see that EVO allocations were going to get scarce, and I, as well as many others, anticipated this onslaught in early May. Although it's disappointing to have to wait a little longer to get a NEW EVO it's infinitely better than paying $30K or more over MSRP for a preowned example that someone else specced. Let us know if the August allocation pans out. Good Luck!
Last time I checked Charlotte website I didn't see your old baby. Did they sell it?

·
Premium Member
6,408 Posts
Last time I checked Charlotte website I didn't see your old baby. Did they sell it?
Yes, a while ago. Not sure the price it went for but @Sto_fever PM me this picture when he was at the Charlotte dealership a month ago.

Attachments

Reactions: Rcasa20
21 - 40 of 45 Posts