Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short at the end of June I ordered a Huracan evo rwd from a dealer in south Florida. I was guaranteed it was a June order allocation otherwise I would have ordered from a dealer closer to me. Finally got him to send me the LOOM screenshot today and it doesn’t list the allocation month at all. It just shows validated status.

Am I misunderstanding how the information populates LOOM.
Or did he flat out lie to me about the allocation?
If so, what should I do?

Screenshot attached.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
He lied to you, that does not show an allocation. And ordering at the end of the month just shows what a liar he is, allocations are very hard to come by and I highly doubt he would have had any allocations left for June. At this point would think might as well just stick with them, starting a new order now would just be starting over. Sure you can ask local dealership if they have a free allocation but most likely don't

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I figured. I was hoping I was wrong.
I hate giving liars my money but now it's already towards the end of July so Im probably going to be pushed back even further on a new order with a different dealer.
I might have to do it just to spite them now because they assume Im stuck with them since I dont want to wait 2 extra months for my car.
I hate car salesmen! Cant wait for the robots to take over.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
I ordered May 17 and still no allocation, they told me I am next inline so should have soon. Would like to get around late March for beginning of driving season here but not a big deal since I'm keeping my Evo spyder till new car comes in and can drive that

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Didn’t you order from WPB? Or did you go with someone else? Did you spec sports seats?
I was about to pull the trigger at WPB (had the form filled out and was going to email it to them when I got home from work) but then a dealer in South Florida (Id rather not name them in public) called me and claimed he had a June order slot open up. I assumed it was a sport seat related thing as I spec'ed the standard seats so I told him to put it in if he could guarantee me the June slot which he did.
In the grand scheme of things Im now leaning towards waiting and extra month or two to get my car from somewhere else just so I dont feel like I got duped while this dealer/SA gets commission on a car he doesn't deserve.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I was about to pull the trigger at WPB (had the form filled out and was going to email it to them when I got home from work) but then a dealer in South Florida (Id rather not name them in public) called me and claimed he had a June order slot open up. I assumed it was a sport seat related thing as I spec'ed the standard seats so I told him to put it in if he could guarantee me the June slot which he did.
In the grand scheme of things Im now leaning towards waiting and extra month or two to get my car from somewhere else just so I dont feel like I got duped while this dealer/SA gets commission on a car he doesn't deserve.
I may know the dealer you’re talking about since I talked with all the South Florida dealers before placing the order. I remember you said WPB told you they had a June slot that had just got taken within the past 24 hours, that may have been me on June 22, if the SA wasn’t lying. He did double check which seats I specced at the time. I got my Unica app invitation a week later from Lamborghini, so maybe they were legit. Did you get a Unica invite code?

·
Super Moderator
3,328 Posts
Guys- it can take months for Loom to update. Patience. Email customer service at Lamborghini with your order number and ask for invitation to unica and you’ll see if your car is in production or not.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys- it can take months for Loom to update. Patience. Email customer service at Lamborghini with your order number and ask for invitation to unica and you’ll see if your car is in production or not.
I guess that what Im asking. Is it possible that I do in fact have a June order slot or not?
Screenshot was sent to me today. Unica I got the invite but shows nothing as it's too early I assume.

Others have posted LOOM screenshots for May orders and those show 05/2021 as the allocation month. Shouldnt that show up in LOOM by now as 06/2021 if it's a June order slot?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,816 Posts
That's what I figured. I was hoping I was wrong.
I hate giving liars my money but now it's already towards the end of July so Im probably going to be pushed back even further on a new order with a different dealer.
I might have to do it just to spite them now because they assume Im stuck with them since I dont want to wait 2 extra months for my car.
I hate car salesmen! Cant wait for the robots to take over.
Salesmen for the most part are programmed to say YES, and get the order, then worry about repercussions. Did you give him a deposit?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Salesmen for the most part are programmed to say YES, and get the order, then worry about repercussions. Did you give him a deposit?
Yea I've got a 15k deposit on my CC. I'm just trying to decide IF he really lied or not.
I've got it in writing from him that he got me a June order allocation. So if he lied I'm sure I have the ability to get my money back.
I just don't want to burn the bridge until I'm sure he lied. I'd rather give them the benefit of the doubt so if I'm jumping the gun please talk me off the ledge...

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,646 Posts
Your SA lied about a June build slot because there's no way possible for an order submitted end of June to get a June build slot unless it was a order that was already submitted to the factory and someone backed out.

The reality is the majority of dealers are sold out of the EVO RWD's for the year but there's always a chance the factory might release extra build slots. Another thing SA's won't tell you is LOOM shows all build slots available to them. So if your SA promised you a June build date he should be able to show you on the LOOM dealer workbench exact build slot with the order #, track point (enquiry or submitted) and customer (dealer order or customer order).

·
Registered
136 Posts
Ok the suspense was killing me so I went ahead and asked my dealer for the screenshot.

Status is 35 Submitted to Sales Planner
Tracking is 600 Submitted Order
Date of Order 22/Jun/2021
Allocation Month 06/2021
Production complete 12/2021

I guess I'm pleasantly surprised?

·
Registered
BMW ///M
98 Posts
Ok the suspense was killing me so I went ahead and asked my dealer for the screenshot.

Status is 35 Submitted to Sales Planner
Tracking is 600 Submitted Order
Date of Order 22/Jun/2021
Allocation Month 06/2021
Production complete 12/2021

I guess I'm pleasantly surprised?
Good news for you!!

My order has the same info from LOOM:
Tracking: 600 Submitted Order

Looks like both our Huracans will be siblings.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Confirmed with the GM. SA was lying. Not only was it not a June allocation, he said he doesnt even have a July allocation to give me and there's a line of people ahead of me waiting for allocations still!

Called WPB and they had only 1 July slot which was taken shortly after I passed on it, to go with those guys in south FL (never doing business with anyone in Miami again).
Sarasota told me they didn't get any July allocations. Even tried calling Atlanta and Charlotte and they said it would be a few months before they could get me an allocation. So looks like backlog is going to get worse before it gets better...

Im now looking at an August allocation assuming WPB gets one.
I guess Im still no worse than if I had stayed with the lying dealership since it wouldn't have been before August anyway and the SA over at WPB is so nice to deal with it's worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
Did you check with WPB to see if they have people already waiting for allocations?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts