Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My RWD will be in next month, and my SA is offering additional services prior to pickup.
1. PPF/ Ceramic / Window tint
2. Wheel / Brake caliper color change
3. Exhaust install
4. Skid plate install
5. Dash camera install

I'm covered with 1. and don't need 2. or 3.
What do you gents think of 4. and 5. Have not done either on any previous cars.

Thanks in advance

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
As to "4", I had SlipLo installed on my 2019 580-2 and found it to be unnecessary and would not do it again. The combination of the FAL and decent roads in my area did not warrant that level of protection. I am glad "1" is covered and if it wasn't NO WAY! The EVO exhaust note is very decent and you are wise to hold off on the aftermarket exhaust. I cannot comment on the dash camera except to say that could be worthwhile especially if they do a clean install.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As to "4", I had SlipLo installed on my 2019 580-2 and found it to be unnecessary and would not do it again. The combination of the FAL and decent roads in my area did not warrant that level of protection. I am glad "1" is covered and if it wasn't NO WAY! The EVO exhaust note is very decent and you are wise to hold off on the aftermarket exhaust. I cannot comment on the dash camera except to say that could be worthwhile especially if they do a clean install.
Thanks for the input, it does seem there is plenty of front lip clearance and with the lift it might be fine. I'm in the Bay Area and roads here are not great, and driving in SF will be challenging. I might order a skip plate for peace of mind. The dash cam has been highly suggested by many for protection from any unmitigated insurance claims. A false insurance claim was actually submitted to my insurance company claiming a car I own caused an accident.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Thanks for the input, it does seem there is plenty of front lip clearance and with the lift it might be fine. I'm in the Bay Area and roads here are not great, and driving in SF will be challenging. I might order a skip plate for peace of mind. The dash cam has been highly suggested by many for protection from any unmitigated insurance claims. A false insurance claim was actually submitted to my insurance company claiming a car I own caused an accident.
The wife and I lived in SF for 4 years and visited often (pre-COVID). Some of those SF roads can be a bit dicey in areas, and given the cost for front lip protection is very reasonable it may be worthwhile. Check out SlipLo it is easy to install and doesn't require any drilling. I had the dealership install it and it was a courtesy install, no charge.

Registered
I responded to this in another thread but if you daily drive like me and are going in and out of inclined driveways, parking garages, ramps and seeing some track time (Autocross for me so I know firsthand the tendency for the Huracan's front to squat in corners) then it's worth it.

The quality of roads where I reside are poor. After heavy rains, potholes the size of craters form for example and are not repaired for weeks.

My skid plates were $299 from Ultimate PD and took 2 hours to install by myself with a $15 Rivet gun from Amazon. Depending how much your dealer charges and the quality of the plates, you could do it yourself if so inclined.

Within a month of installing the plates, I was giving my friend a drive and punched it on a stretch of road by the ocean and my H bottomed out due to a small and not visible dip in the road. There's no way to active the FAL in a situation like that and I was glad that I had the plates.

No way stuck-on adhesive skid plates survive bottoming out at speed whether on the street or track.

My GT3 was so slammed and scraped on everything even with the FAL that I replaced the front lip annually as a wear item. The Huracan does not have a replaceable front lip so when you scrape you are scraping the body itself.

Registered
Save your money on the skid plates, not only do you have to drill into the front bumper basically damaging it but they're useless if you have lift.

And dashcam is a must, Lamborghini has an OEM dashcam (probably rebranded) available for the Urus which I believe can be installed on any model.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies, I didn't find an OEM dash cam setup for the Huracan, I was advised that Blackvue 2 channel is a very good option. Not sure about drilling the bumper, I found one from Automodsfl that does not require drilling. I'll research the different skid plates. I have to say this forum is such a valuable tool for new owners, hope to give back after some ownership time.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
@Tanman88, good luck and after you get the dash camera installed gives the info on the camera used, the install and your overall opinion. It would be appreciated, thanks my friend!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Tanman88, good luck and after you get the dash camera installed gives the info on the camera used, the install and your overall opinion. It would be appreciated, thanks my friend!
Will do, I am going with the Blackvue 2 channel dash cam. I found the website Blackboxmycar.com helpful. I'm deciding between the 700 and 900 series, but I found a mount that you can attach to the rear view mirror. This is helpful, since I'm putting a light nano ceramic film on the windshield and windows to keep the heat out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts