Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my battery is completely dead and I can’t open the door because the windows are all closed and aren’t doing their automatic shift down prior to opening. Given that the windows are in the up position how do I get into the car without damaging anything? its a 99 roadster

-Ortiz

·
Registered
114 Posts
How's he going to be able to get into the hood if he can't open the door to get to the engine cover release?

Removing the rear wheel and fender liner will work regardless. I don't know if the Diablo has a backup engine cover release that you can get to if the inside one is locked up. I know my Ferraris do, but I haven't looked on the Diablo.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was too busy yesterday to keep trying to get in but i know there is an engine hatch release in the rear wheel fender, i just couldn't find it last night the light in my garagre blew and i didn't have any spares. I'll try and find it later on today.

-ortiz

·
Registered
13 Posts
OK guys I get these calls all the time....Reach up on the top edge of each side rear wheel well and you will feel a cable with a loop in it on the outside edge....PULL IT on each side which will allow you to get into the engine compartment to gain access to the jump points as described above.

Grant Johnson
Lamborghini Beverly Hills / OC

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.