Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my battery is completely dead and I can’t open the door because the windows are all closed and aren’t doing their automatic shift down prior to opening. Given that the windows are in the up position how do I get into the car without damaging anything? its a 99 roadster

-Ortiz

·
Registered
104 Posts
Remove the drivers side rear wheel and get into the battery compartment and problem solved. Its a pain and make sure you jack it up from the frame.

·
Administrator
5,166 Posts
You don't need to do that, there are jumper/battery connection points under the hood. I'll post, just connect cables to them, and that'll supply enough power to unlock the car etc.

·
Registered
108 Posts
How's he going to be able to get into the hood if he can't open the door to get to the engine cover release?

Removing the rear wheel and fender liner will work regardless. I don't know if the Diablo has a backup engine cover release that you can get to if the inside one is locked up. I know my Ferraris do, but I haven't looked on the Diablo.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was too busy yesterday to keep trying to get in but i know there is an engine hatch release in the rear wheel fender, i just couldn't find it last night the light in my garagre blew and i didn't have any spares. I'll try and find it later on today.

-ortiz

·
Administrator
5,166 Posts
Does your engine cover not latch like my 98, with two twist locks on the deck? Just figured it did :)

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
raymondo said:
Does your engine cover not latch like my 98, with two twist locks on the deck? Just figured it did :)
Raymondo,

Only 98 SVs had those external latches.

·
Registered
13 Posts
OK guys I get these calls all the time....Reach up on the top edge of each side rear wheel well and you will feel a cable with a loop in it on the outside edge....PULL IT on each side which will allow you to get into the engine compartment to gain access to the jump points as described above.

Grant Johnson
Lamborghini Beverly Hills / OC

1 - 12 of 12 Posts