Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think of DMC coming back as an EV ? Can't wait to see what it will look like.

"Just over a year ago, we told you that the DeLorean DMC 12 may make a return to market as a fully electric vehicle. Now, it appears the early plans may become a reality, as the company with official rights to the DeLorean name aims to launch an all-electric DeLorean DMC in 2022.

The original DeLorean Motor Company no longer exists, though there is still a DeLorean Motor Company, which isn't affiliated with the car's original maker. According to Autocar, as the story goes, former British engineer Stephen Wynne acquired the rights to the DeLorean name way back in 1995. The "new" DeLorean company is considered the world's largest source for DeLorean parts and repairs.

Wynne started making plans back in 1997 to relaunch the DeLorean DMC in small batches, though its original engine was no longer an option. At that time, it was assumed that perhaps the future DeLorean DMC could be electrified."

·
Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD on order
2,218 Posts
I'm completely cool with that car being electrified since we can't just throw garbage into the tank and have it turn into fuel just yet!!!

·
Premium Member
21,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm completely cool with that car being electrified since we can't just throw garbage into the tank and have it turn into fuel just yet!!!
It will be interesting to see what they have done to it and how will those butterfly doors work and look.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Well, if it's not made out of stainless steel anymore, the new car, even with batteries, may be lighter than the old one was. could be really cool. We have a new Countach, maybe next we get a new Lotus Esprit and Pantera!

·
Premium Member
21,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would love to see the return of the DeTomaso Mangusta!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,711 Posts
I like Lamborghini and venturing to an electric De Lorean doesn't seem that appealing, at least not to me.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
I like Lamborghini and venturing to an electric De Lorean doesn't seem that appealing, at least not to me.
don’t disagree. The different engines provide such a variety of character for cars. Rumbling V8’s, the symphonic V10 and the Epic V12. All that character is gone with electric. Like taking the heart out of the car. why I’m getting a Urus in 2023 before they are electric.

·
Premium Member
21,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am certainly not ready for a full electric in my life yet.

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,024 Posts
Lets see how cool it is... The Netflix documentary was really good! So I think it would be cool for the name to come back.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,711 Posts
don’t disagree. The different engines provide such a variety of character for cars. Rumbling V8’s, the symphonic V10 and the Epic V12. All that character is gone with electric. Like taking the heart out of the car. why I’m getting a Urus in 2023 before they are electric.
Absolutely, and to be honest every time my neighbor pulls out in his Tesla it sounds, well, like an alien spacecraft. :ROFLMAO: Hardly my cup of tea. Get the NA engines while they're hot!

·
Premium Member
97.0 Diablo VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,820 Posts
Well, I’ve never been a fan of DeLorean but they were the inventor of the Flux Capacitor so maybe an electric vehicle makes sense for them!

I agree with the others on this thread that everything old is new again. If you watched the Super Bowl commercials this last weekend all of the movies and shows coming out are retreads of old movies or shows. And if you paid attention to the music scores in those ads they’re all from the 80s and early 90s! Jurassic Park, Fresh Prince if Belair, Law and Order …. Muira Edition Aventador, Countach, Porsche’s decades-old barely-changed design …. seems coming up with new ideas is more difficult than reviving old ideas.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
I enjoyed those throwback commercials.

Verizon bringing back Jim Carey's "Cable Guy"

GM bring back Austin Power's "Dr. Evil"

Simple Minds "Dont You (Forget About Me)" from Breakfast Club

·
Premium Member
21,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It was a great Super Bowl all the way around except for the Bengals fans.

·
Registered
187 Posts
If it wasnt for Back to the Future would anyone actually care about a Delorean car EV or not? If I recall it was piss poor quality and performance at a ridiculous price.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Performance was awful. Heavier than an SUV and had like 150 HP or something. But a cool car. Guy never got the chance to make a better version. We wouldn’t want to judge most automakers by their first effort.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts