Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DDE is getting the Murci put back together for the umpteenth time. It will be good to see it back on their channel. And one of our forum members is featured in this video as DDE is switching over to Rob's new 2WD conversion kit!

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's awesome that so many Youtube people have Murcielagos. I don't like how most buy the cheapest and worst nightmare examples. Youtube has created this narrative that Murcis are "unreliable". Of course if you buy a bad example that was treated terribly and never maintained there will be issues. The truth is these are some of the most reliable exotics you can buy. They love to be driven.

How many people here use their car regularly with no major issues?

·
Registered
182 Posts
It's awesome that so many Youtube people have Murcielagos. I don't like how most buy the cheapest and worst nightmare examples. Youtube has created this narrative that Murcis are "unreliable". Of course if you buy a bad example that was treated terribly and never maintained there will be issues. The truth is these are some of the most reliable exotics you can buy. They love to be driven.

How many people here use their car regularly with no major issues?
I have driven my 2007 Balloon White LP640 very spiritedly all the way up to 36,500 miles and have never had an issue other than a loose ground wire, a new battery, and that's it. I once did a 1,600 mile roundtrip road trip to Salt Lake City, UT from Phoenix, AZ (on YouTube) - where the car was then run to 160mph+ on a runway several times... and then driven all the way back home. Nothing but gas fill-ups. "Video or it didn't happen" - right here:

I have also driven my 2007 Manual Arancio LP640 from California back to Phoenix, and all over the place here. No issues in the 2,000 miles I have put on her (13,800 total miles on her).

The Murcielago LP640/LP670 is truly an amazingly built, rare (and getting more rare each day) beast. Never fails to put a smile on your face. And the vintage V12 noises & grunts it makes put it on par for "fun experience" with most cars that cost $1M-3M.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Ironically, a couple hours ago, I was at a Buffalo Wild Wings near the Orlando airport and was shooting the breeze with a smoking hot waitress. Eventually we got to talking about erotic cars. I sh*t you not, she asked me if I’ve ever watched DDE on YouTube. Lol! She said she’s watched every episode.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
it was! Hopefully fixable. Then again, possibly just made the value of those left go up..
With current values, it will definitely get rebuilt. To think they rebuilt this e-gear Murci before values went up means this one will be a no brainer, and child's play to fix comparatively speaking.

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
LP640 Murci, preLP Murci, Performante, 997.1 GT3, Ariel Atom, Lotus Elise, Audi TTRS, Mustangs
54 Posts
"Today we lost a daily driven exotic... Fly high Murcielago.. Fly high "

1 - 9 of 9 Posts