Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
You’ll both be glad to know that black wheels aren’t the trend anymore and it’s now going back to bright silver wheels currently. Everything changes with time and then goes back to how it used to be. These wheels look incredible in person but hard to appreciate in a picture. Like a white kitchen. Always in style.

Love the black/white checkerboard floor. Really makes the car pop.

·
Vendor
2,417 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,545 Posts
The new diamond cut rims on the EVO really look great. So it seems that a little silver is coming back.

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
I considered going a darker shade or even black. I had someone photoshop the wheels. They didn't look bad but I have stuck with chrome.

Attachments

·
Registered
678 Posts
I think that's just what is "in" right now. To me silver wheels look very basic but that's just my opinion.
Agreed. I don't think it's just what's in, it's what looks best. Mine are 50% gloss black, they match the tinted windows, the vents, the skirts, the diffuser, the window trim, wing, wipers, etc. Silver or chrome wheels don't match anything and just look out of place.
If these cars had gaudy chrome window trim, wipers, door handles, and bumpers, then silver or chrome wheels may be fitting.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
Some cars do suit the black wheels definitely. The orange and black suit nicely.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I think that's just what is "in" right now. To me silver wheels look very basic but that's just my opinion.
Agreed. I don't think it's just what's in, it's what looks best. Mine are 50% gloss black, they match the tinted windows, the vents, the skirts, the diffuser, the window trim, wing, wipers, etc. Silver or chrome wheels don't match anything and just look out of place.
If these cars had gaudy chrome window trim, wipers, door handles, and bumpers, then silver or chrome wheels may be fitting.
Yup, I agree. By the way I NEED more pictures of your car. Don't be a tease 🙂

·
Registered
700 Posts
Cars have had dark/black/painted wheels since the creation of the automobile. Everyone has their opinion on how it looks. I love black wheels with body color matched calipers.

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
Seen some nice Gs in what you are talking about.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Seen some nice Gs in what you are talking about.

I have the best of both worlds...stock silver wheels that I plastidipped gloss black. Totally reversible and love the contrast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,545 Posts
I have the best of both worlds...stock silver wheels that I plastidipped gloss black. Totally reversible and love the contrast.

What color is your car, I Love it!

·
Registered
340 Posts
How does the plastic dip work?
There are several ways to apply it, but I've personally used it in aerosol form. In that form, it's basically a spray on rubber coating that easily comes out by peeling the edge, or if you can't get an edge, WD40 takes it off. It doesn't damage the surface, and if you get tired of how the plastidip looks, it's pretty easy to remove and revert back to before :wave:

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
Thanks mate. What happens if the plastic gets ripped or torn? Can u resorts that part?

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
What color is your car, I Love it!

Original color is Grigio Thalasso. I decided that the color just wasn’t loud and obnoxious enough so I had it wrapped and ceramic coated, and tinted the lenses for even more contrast.

The plastidipped wheels will literally last years. There is a chemical that is applied over the soft rubber to harden it, and you can even wax over it if you want. I even plastidipped my last Viper and there were absolutely no chips or dings after one year. And if that does happen, you just need to touch it up.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts