Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 60 I need to ask what it is with dark coloured or black wheels.
May be it’s my age but black wheels are like cheap Steele’s to me so what I would like to ask what’s the inspiration for choosing dark or black wheels.:)

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,523 Posts
I had Chrome on my 2008, and black chrome on my 2012. Then I went to solid gloss black on the next 3 just seems to work better with the overall appearance of the car.

I hated black wheels at one time, not any more.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had Chrome on my 2008, and black chrome on my 2012. Then I went to solid gloss black on the next 3 just seems to work better with the overall appearance of the car.

I hated black wheels at one time, not any more.
Honest reply thank you. Im just keen to understand

·
Registered
205 Posts
I like it because it looks "racey" compared to chrome or silver wheels. Chrome looks too blingy for me on most cars - reserved for luxury rather than sporty vehicles. Silver isn't bad and usually goes with anything, but on my car I have more dark accents than light, so I think dark wheels look better.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,523 Posts
I like it because it looks "racey" compared to chrome or silver wheels. Chrome looks too blingy for me on most cars - reserved for luxury rather than sporty vehicles. Silver isn't bad and usually goes with anything, but on my car I have more dark accents than light, so I think dark wheels look better.
I agree, and I finally decided that the chrome really looks dated. I’m from the 60’s and all my rides had chrome wheels.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree, and I finally decided that the chrome really looks dated. I’m from the 60’s and all my rides had chrome wheels.
I agree on Chrome its too blingy and haven't really been a Thing in Australia

·
Administrator
5,166 Posts
I for one can't stand black wheels. No one said wheels have to be chrome, but to make them invisible, I don't get. Wheels are an important accent on a car, and they should been seen!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
They are only hard to see in pics. I hate silver wheels on most anything. Chrome only looks good on a vintage car or a Harley.

·
Premium Member
13,523 Posts
I do like the Mimas with the silver trim, but they won’t do it on the gloss black.

·
Premium Member
13,523 Posts
Only a few states are still allowed to chrome plate, I had to send my wheels to California to have them chromed. Chrome wheels started to make a comeback about 10 years ago, but faded fast.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
From a creative perspective I hate them for photos and videos. That said they show the lines of the car better when its a light/bright color and don't overwhelm the design. Also they can hide brake dust a bit.

And of course there is the black/black look...

·
Registered
340 Posts
I guess it's all about personal preference.
Exactly!! And with these vehicles being as ostentatious as they are, we as owners literally have a blank canvas to do whatever we personally want to do with the car.

Want to go with a completely different color? You got it!

You want chrome?! Why stop at just the wheels!!

You like pink?! Let's throw in some neons too!!

Basically, you're right. It's all up to the individual to decide what kind of look they are going for :wave:

·
Vendor
2,417 Posts
I for one can't stand black wheels. No one said wheels have to be chrome, but to make them invisible, I don't get. Wheels are an important accent on a car, and they should been seen!

At 60 I need to ask what it is with dark coloured or black wheels.

May be it’s my age but black wheels are like cheap Steele’s to me so what I would like to ask what’s the inspiration for choosing dark or black wheels.:)

You’ll both be glad to know that black wheels aren’t the trend anymore and it’s now going back to bright silver wheels currently. Everything changes with time and then goes back to how it used to be. These wheels look incredible in person but hard to appreciate in a picture. Like a white kitchen. Always in style.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts