Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been meaning to post some photos of this beautiful 2008 Superleggera for a while, but with the holidays, you can imagine how hectic things have been the past few weeks. This Stage 1 Twin Turbo Superleggera made a little over 800whp on the stock motor on E85 fuel. The customer has since decided to move forward with a built motor so we can turn it up a little more. We should have some video of her in action before we tear it down to do our forged engine upgrades, better clutch, and send it to the body shop for the exterior cosmetic upgrades. If you are considering a Twin Turbo build for your Gallardo, we look forward to answering any questions you may have concerning a build with us, thanks for looking!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Great car! Congrats!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Quick question Taylor. I have always wondered why everyone puts the air filters in that same spot. Does it not get hot back there? Enough air flow?

I know my r8 gets hot back there on the bumper when it was just stock.

Kit looks very clean and the results look even better.

·
Registered
121 Posts
That's a valid question. I relocated the filters around a few times when I first built my kit. But that is one of the big advantages to our center exhaust setup, no radiant heat generated below from the exhaust.

I did testing using a sensor on the air filter inlet, one on the intercooler outlet (standard) and on the heat exchanger - water temp. Once moving the air is turned over back there and air temps are about 10 degrees above ambient, then quickly pulled down to near ambient by the intercooler.

The only other alternate location is ducting where the stock airbox location pulled from. But then you would have to restrict the tubing diameter to 3.5" instead of 4". The power losses from smaller tubing are greater than a few degrees warmer at higher power levels.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Awesome. Thanks! I've always wondered that. Thanks for the detailed response.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Any benefit to heat shields around the air filters? Can't imagine it would hurt.

Also, why not leverage the original air intake ducting and direct that air to the filters somehow?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts