Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently finished the Stage 2 conversion (800whp on 93 octane, and 1050whp on C16) of this beautiful Superleggera, and delivered it to the owner to enjoy this past weekend for the Running of the Bull's in Austin. While in our shop, the owner had us add the LP-570 bumper with carbon fiber center section from Renown, and also add the Super Trofeo style bonnet and wing. Once finished, we had to take a step back and just appreciate how beautiful the car is, as she's quickly becoming one of our favorite builds here at the shop.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Beautiful car, but the line where the front bumper meets the hood sticks out like a sore thumb to me. I don't think I've ever actually seen one that looked OEM. Not a dig on DP at all, I just don't understand why these bumpers don't fit better.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Thanks guys! And thanks to Taylor and the team at DP for getting this beast together not just perfect right out of the gate (a first for me when dealing with a tuned vehicle), but also to perform the miracle to get the build done in time for the Texas Bull Run!! Simply amazing. One of the car's first real jaunts after delivery was on the Circuit of the Americas and it didn't skip a beat.

Yes the bumper has settled a tiny bit on one side and needs a shim or two. These things are normal and as with any build some adjustment and fine tuning will be necessary down the road. But that's just a small aesthetic item and easy to fix (and btw DP had nothing to do with the bumper install...they have a partner body shop that handles major aero and paint work).

The real magic is the S2 twin turbo setup and DP's S2 clutch kit. An EXCELLENT combo. This car is 100% daily driver friendly yet I can unleash over 1000 horsepower when I want it. This past weekend the car drove to and from the track AND took me cross-country 7 hours to get home. I've had a few "tuner" cars in the past and none come anywhere close to this level of precision engineering and reliability. I usually find myself going back within days or hours to get something fixed or dialed in. The DP guys got it right the first time and that matters a lot to me.

Add to that the absolute attention the DP guys offer...I'm talking all calls answered, all emails replied to, all concerns abated. It's ultimate peace of mind working with folks like that. Hell Taylor had to hand-build several of my odd requests along the way. He never blinked when I kept throwing in all this out-of-house stuff like the nose and wing. The team just made it happen!

And I couldn't be happier!!!

Huge thanks to Taylor and the team at Dallas Performance for building my dream car!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,195 Posts
The car looks scary fast standing still!

·
Registered
949 Posts
I also want to shout out to Ray @ Renown and Greg @ DMC for supplying the killer aero upgrades. I really wanted to freshen up the car in a tasteful way. The wing and engine cover especially are just total indulgence. The carbon fiber is so sweet, so perfect on the wing and cover and the weave/color tone of the fiber matches the OEM carbon almost perfectly (the DMC stuff looks a little nicer).

And Ray's aero add-ons we all know to be excellent. Everyone has their own tastes and preferences for each year's styling, and I'm a sucker for the LP570SL's nose.

I'm simply dumbfounded every time I walk into the garage and look at her. And tomorrow I get to detail the beast for the first time!

She's finally all mine!!

·
Premium Member
Aventador Roadster Extreme Edition, Huracan Performante, Gallardo Performante
2,170 Posts
Awesome Car!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thanks guys! And thanks to Taylor and the team at DP for getting this beast together not just perfect right out of the gate (a first for me when dealing with a tuned vehicle), but also to perform the miracle to get the build done in time for the Texas Bull Run!! Simply amazing. One of the car's first real jaunts after delivery was on the Circuit of the Americas and it didn't skip a beat.

Yes the bumper has settled a tiny bit on one side and needs a shim or two. These things are normal and as with any build some adjustment and fine tuning will be necessary down the road. But that's just a small aesthetic item and easy to fix (and btw DP had nothing to do with the bumper install...they have a partner body shop that handles major aero and paint work).

The real magic is the S2 twin turbo setup and DP's S2 clutch kit. An EXCELLENT combo. This car is 100% daily driver friendly yet I can unleash over 1000 horsepower when I want it. This past weekend the car drove to and from the track AND took me cross-country 7 hours to get home. I've had a few "tuner" cars in the past and none come anywhere close to this level of precision engineering and reliability. I usually find myself going back within days or hours to get something fixed or dialed in. The DP guys got it right the first time and that matters a lot to me.

Add to that the absolute attention the DP guys offer...I'm talking all calls answered, all emails replied to, all concerns abated. It's ultimate peace of mind working with folks like that. Hell Taylor had to hand-build several of my odd requests along the way. He never blinked when I kept throwing in all this out-of-house stuff like the nose and wing. The team just made it happen!

Huge thanks to Taylor and the team at Dallas Performance for building my dream car!
Absolutely insane, man! :eek: You have excellent taste in mods and kudos for bucking the UR trend (I love UR; just like to see a few other players gain a foot-hold in the market :)) and giving DP a shot... :D

·
Registered
58 Posts

Was that almost a 1 year project? Seems like I seen pics of that car there a long time ago. Looks good. Enjoy!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Was that almost a 1 year project? Seems like I seen pics of that car there a long time ago. Looks good. Enjoy!
We can complete a normal Stage 2 or Stage 3 build in 8 weeks or less when that is of high importance and we plan accordingly.

This started as a Stage 1 and was completed and then we talked Dave into more power and reliability since he wanted to occasionally road race it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I agree about the front bumper fittiment.

Beautiful car, but the line where the front bumper meets the hood sticks out like a sore thumb to me. I don't think I've ever actually seen one that looked OEM. Not a dig on DP at all, I just don't understand why these bumpers don't fit better.
I've seen a few that fit well but mostly on dark colors? It sticks out like a hooker in church on the yellow. No way I'd spend 65k on mods and be happy with those results. Maybe it's just me :eek:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I can't believe Taylor and Smoky didn't give me a shout out considering I bought Smoky's OEM carbon fiber clear bonnet engine hatch and wing for $5mil! Wasn't for my purchase that item off of him, his upgrade build wouldn't had been possible! Haha...just kidding gentlemen!

All seriousness, thanks to Dave for giving me the opportunity to purchase his beautiful OEM SL CF clear bonnet and wing and Taylor for orchestrating the packaging/shipping of that beautiful item!

Surprised however that Dave didn't go S3 or Racing package, glad you didn't go S1-bolt on! I, myself just upgraded to a 570 front bumper and I also freaking love it! For Dave's build, I don't think the fit is all that bad but the paint guy needs to redo his work!! I remember somewhere I read in this forum that yellow paint colors on Lambo is the hardest to match!

I believe MAC New York who Renown prefered body shop are experts in this area!

Car looks sweet regardless! I guess who cares about the front bumper color differences from the body when you'll be flying by everyone!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I I remember somewhere I read in this forum that yellow paint colors on Lambo is the hardest to match!

I believe MAC New York who Renown prefered body shop are experts in this area!
They are experts in this area but I think after working on my car MAC might say Pearl Orange is the toughest to match..:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts