Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Does anyone have a write up for changing the passenger side CV Boot on a First Gen Diablo? Left Hand Drive Car.

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
I seem to recall both Sledge 4.2 and Michael82 did these in the their very lengthy and super detailed renovation threads. you might want to do a search on this under the Diablo forum.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Geno,
At least on my cell phone when you go to the top and do a search there are three drop downs that you can select as in the picture below. I believe if you just click in this forum that will limit to just the Diablo forum. I am also just getting used to this new format but it is getting better. 😬 C2E58FC7-BE78-4F5A-B797-DFAFAAF1A29F.png
C2E58FC7-BE78-4F5A-B797-DFAFAAF1A29F.png
C2E58FC7-BE78-4F5A-B797-DFAFAAF1A29F.png

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
McFly, check this out:

If you are going to replace one, replace them all. if one has split, the others will soon, plus its time to replace the grease due to age. Soak the allen heads bolts in PB blaster, use rattle gun to break them free careful. Mine were glued on good.

Replace gasket, instead of copper OEM you can use Porsche paper part below (thank you Mikael).

Replace bolts and washers.

Clean CV joints in tub of gasoline, and totally disassemble to clean all grease out, don’t switch sides, put the same joints in the same location. Repack.

Parts:
  • CV boot kits I ordered from George Evans – $50 per, but I knew they would work, see this thread for discussion on boot sizes: Diablo MLA12173
  • CV Bolts are M10 x 1.5 mm Thread, 60 mm Long, Partially Threaded McMaster Carr Part number 91290A536. I went to hardware store for new lock washers
  • Paper gasket Porsche 90133229700 sourced from Pelican Parts
Make sure both grease sling gaurds are in place, and if they are consider strengthening the passenger side guard mount like many have

A few other useful discussions:
Diablo MLA12173
Diablo MLA12173
Diablo MLA12173

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for info!

Did you drop the hub to replace or remove exhaust bolts and remove it from the differential side?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
My car was in total pieces when I did it, so my a-arms and hubs were all detached, but you should be able to pull axle assembly out without detaching hub.....I think

1 - 8 of 8 Posts