Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow members.

I have been interesting in obtaining a Lamborghini Countach (the LP 5000 or the 25th Anniversary). I really like the style and the lines of the Countach however, I have read about all the problems such as the tough shifting and the trickiness of everyday driving. My question is about customizing the car and bring some 21st century technology into the car (such as rear view camera, modern suspension and braking, friendlier shifting etc.) Would this take away from the tradition of this car or should I look towards later models of Lamborghini?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome,
The shifting is not that bad, when you get use to it...it is fun. Plus I don't think there is anything you can do for the shifting. Basically the clutch and the shifter require a little bit of the tough guy in you. Brakes are very good (but not in my early version), however, other brake systems are available that might be even better. Rear view camera is not a bad idea. Sometimes I think I'm the only who doesn't open the door and sit on the sill to back up. I use my three mirrors, the early round ones too, on the outside. Just takes getting use to. Suspension is very good as well, you can always upgrade the shocks.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
why ruin a classic, sure things can be made better but they were perfect for when they were made. Leave it alone and you will get used to it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
customizing

Sure its a master piece, but you could allways make it look meaner, sound louder, and run harder. speacially if you could do a few modifications and out perform a newer exotic.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Am I the only one who hates side skirts on the Countach and loves the original telephone dial wheels?

To me, anything else just isn't a Countach. :wave:

·
Registered
959 Posts
Taoist said:
Am I the only one who hates side skirts on the Countach and loves the original telephone dial wheels?

Haha i hate the classic wheels and love the skirt. I dont like wheels that cover everything up, I like my calipers exposed :D
I like the black Countach above, just those chrome rims bother me. Slap on some Diablo GT style rims and i'll be all set :D

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Jim,
Some have no taste, and they don´t even own one so I would not bother them. I agree, I prefer without the side skirts, and the telephone wheels are the only ones. The chrome looks like chrome, cheap and ugly !!

·
Registered
959 Posts
terryjoint said:
Jim,
Some have no taste, and they don´t even own one so I would not bother them. I agree, I prefer without the side skirts, and the telephone wheels are the only ones. The chrome looks like chrome, cheap and ugly !!
So my opinion on looks is worth less than his because I dont own a Countach? I have ridden in one and inspected it very closely on several occasions (My uncle used to own one- it started my lambo fascination) so i dont think i'm less qualified to state my opinion on looks.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Taoist said:

That's the difference between owners and others, I love the pureness of the original design too and would never add silly skirts and other wheels.
I prefer the Silhouette/Bravo Style over the later but I have a QV therefore the rims stay as they are...
anyway to find a set of silhouette/bravo wheels is like finding a blue Mauritius stamp...

·
Registered
41 Posts
NO! I am with you on this one :wave:

I also wouldn't want another newer than an 83 CT. :evil:

I loooooove the telephone dial wheels. The chrome wheels look like spinners and cheapens the look of the car.

Older C/T's have the sportier seats. Noticed Lam & Ferrari went to the cadillac style seats in the mondial/T.R./328 series cars. Has too much of that FIAT influence in the styling. :evil:

Taoist said:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Adding engine modifications for better response is great. The suspension is also a plus. Better brakes are also good. But, the lines and the overall look should never be different. The only reason to change the wheels is to have the bigger more readily available tires available. Even then I would suggest something close to original style. The countach has the perfect looks and I would never swap out anything on it unless it made it perform better without sacrificing the visual impact.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i dont see the point in buying a c/t and then making it a modern car if you want a car thats easy to drive buy a 911
buy a c/t if you want a car to love
and lets face it c/t are lick women you have to love them to put up with them :p

·
Registered
142 Posts
dont get me wrong, it already drives great. The problem is that if you could get even greater flexibility, reliability and power from the engine, why not? I already love my car. But, being able to stop better, accelerate better and having greater reliability just enhances the driving experience. I already live with its deficiencies as a car with no complaints. But, if it sounds meaner, drives faster, that would be even more fun. If done correctly, the lamborghini flavor would still be retained while not making it into a 911. Most importantly is to enhance the reliability of the car. Example. When I first got my car, the alternater crapped out on me on my way home. Now, if I upgraded my alternator to allow more reliabilty, why not? I just dont get why modifications like that would make it into a 911. Or is part of being stranded on the road part of the Lambo experience?

L

·
0 Posts
Taoist said:
Nope! I'm right there with you.

Fred

1 - 20 of 31 Posts