Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Small Money...Huge Impact!

Are you still running the boring stock seat belt webbing in your car? We can help.

At only $110 per seat belt (plus freight and UPS HazMat fees), we don't believe there are any upgrades for the price that have as much of a visual impact as custom seat belts. That's not just because we are seat belt nerds (and we ARE) but also because it is so rare. Even with a $$$$ custom interior or paint job, custom seat belts often receive the first attention simply because they are so unusual. We have over 30 webbing colors from which to choose.

Although we are a new supporting vendor to the forum, this is my 22nd year in seat belt engineer & manufacturing. We have a proprietary process for this service and maintain all original seat belt tags and labels.

We have worked closely with many exotics dealers but also work directly with vehicle owners. We've also participated in a few Ad-Personam builds.

Many of our projects are here: www.facebook.com/seatbeltplanetcom

Most importantly, we would love to work with YOU on making your car truly one-of-a-kind.

Attachments

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,160 Posts
Damn good deal compared to the $2000+ Lambo charges!

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Wow that is a great price, I paid about $1,400 for red belts for my R8. Do these come with everything needed? Also I had to send back my stock set, do you require that? I would be interested in a blue set.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Normally it's $140 to re-web each seat belt but we are running a market test right now on the lower price. We work with a lot of dealers but are exercising our direct-to-consumer muscle to see how it fits. These seat belts are 're-webbed' using the same equipment we use to build thousands of certified seat belts each month so please don't let the lower price connote lower quality.

The best part is that we use all your existing harder and basically swap the webbing. There's much more to it than that due to federal motor vehicle safety standard (FMVSS) rules but that's the high level view of things. The only downside is being without your seat belt for a few days and the HazMat charge ($32) the UPS puts on the 'pyro' seat belt in modern cars. But for the price, it's hard to find a more impactful upgrade. Plus, the colors are fantastic and can match or complement most any paint job or interior. We usually turnaround the product in 24-48hrs once it hits our lab.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We ship worldwide

Do you ship to uk.
Or can we not ship the seat belts.
Tganks
It is no problem to ship worldwide but sometimes shippers get antsy about the HazMat element of the retractors on airplanes. It seems that there is not a lot of consistency in how it's handled. I might even recommend we send you the webbing only but you'd want to make sure you have more than an upholstery shop sew the seat belts. Maintaining safety certification is critical. We've done a lot of work with drivers in UAE.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Blue seat belt webbing

Wow that is a great price, I paid about $1,400 for red belts for my R8. Do these come with everything needed? Also I had to send back my stock set, do you require that? I would be interested in a blue set.
Hey Blue Bull, we have some beautiful colors of blue webbing and I'll try to upload a pic of our swatches (don't trust your monitor but it'll be close.) Or surf on over to here: https://www.seatbeltplanet.com/shopping-cart/swatches/

If you get ready to move forward and need a few swatches, I can send them to you. We do bring in your existing seat belts and it's on those that we'll do the webbing swap. Check out the colors and let me know what you think. We usually turn around the product in 24-48hrs. We've yet to do any blue seat belts for a Lamborghini!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Cobalt Blue looks pretty close. Would have been easy a few weeks ago to do but tougher with warm weather now here and shows or rides almost every weekend so don't want to lose car for a weekend. If I were to get them sent to you on a Monday by overnight and then pay for overnight back could install before weekend?

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Blu Bull, could you get them back in the same week sent to be ready for a car show? I guarantee it.

Cobalt Blue is my number 1 favorite webbing color. Based on your avatar pic, it certainly does look like the ideal color. I'll PM you with my email so we can work out webbing swatches and mailing address. Before we do any work, we'll get you an exact quote with shipping so you'll know complete cost from beginning to end - no surprises.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If anyone has done this, can you post up what is involved with the removal of the original set and the re-installation?

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Adrenalista, unfortunately I haven't personally been able to be involved in the installation on this car. However, I've done a LOT of seat belts and the process for removing the trim to reveal the seat belts is extremely similar. Auto manufacturers use very similar push pins on everything I've seen.

So far we've sent out samples of yellow, cobalt blue, flame red, international orange, and turquoise seat belt webbing. I'm willing to cut a deal for the first person that will take pictures of the uninstall/install process, even if it's at the dealer!

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Got my swatches and the Cobalt Blue will go great with my car. Just need to work out logistics to get removed on a Monday so I will have car ready for weekend.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great! I hoped that color would work. A few days before you're ready we'll talk and I'll put together a project form for you. We'll use that to finalize exact costs and other details. The project form will also have shipping/packaging instructions.

Talk soon!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Your orange looks like a very good match for my white car with orange seats and calipers. Please tell me what happens to my original belts and tags. I'm not clear on that. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts