Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone recently looked into it that knows what the current wait times are (specifically in Canada) but regardless North America wide.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,886 Posts
If your name is Albert Alcantera it's about 6 to 7 months. But typically 12 to 14 months, not sure about Canada

• Haha
Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,874 Posts
If your name is Albert Alcantera it's about 6 to 7 months. But typically 12 to 14 months, not sure about Canada
The wait times for most new orders ranges between 12 to 18 months. Prior to COVID the turnaround for a Urus or a Huracan was about 5 months +/-. The rate limiting step for delivery is getting an allocation. Another issue, less severe, is that Ship transport has slowed and cars are in some cases having to sit at the Lamborghini factory after completion for up to 3 months or more.
Russ is jesting because I abhor Alcantara but yes my SA said it would take around 6 or 7 months after the order is submitted to get my STO but seeing is believing. My SA in the past has been dead on accurate but there are many confounding issues, COVID related manpower shortages, supply chain issues, phenomenal demand for the brand, and ship transport delays.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The wait times for most new orders ranges between 12 to 18 months. Prior to COVID the turnaround for a Urus or a Huracan was about 5 months +/-. The rate limiting step for delivery is getting an allocation. Another issue, less severe, is that Ship transport has slowed and cars are in some cases having to sit at the Lamborghini factory after completion for up to 3 months or more.
Russ is jesting because I abhor Alcantara but yes my SA said it would take around 6 or 7 months after the order is submitted to get my STO but seeing is believing. My SA in the past has been dead on accurate but there are many confounding issues, COVID related manpower shortages, supply chain issues, phenomenal demand for the brand, and ship transport delays.
That makes sense alot of things seem to have gotten affected severely due to covid. Hopefully I'll get some time to take a look at a dealership and go from there. There is also the preowned route but I'd like to spec it the way I want. If possible and not pay a massive mark up on preowned.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,874 Posts
There is also the preowned route but I'd like to spec it the way I want. If possible and not pay a massive mark up on preowned.
Absolutely, agree X2. The markups are just terrible at this time, and likely, for the foreseeable future. I would focus your efforts on getting an allocation and then be patient, and admittedly that is not easy. One other point the AWD allocations are harder to come by than a sighting of Big Foot, I kid you not so, unless that's all you want but the better part of valor would be to focus your efforts on getting a RWD EVO allocation. Best of Luck!

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
I bought my EVO in July with 1,688 miles and it had a 320k sticker and I got it for 310k. The same car right now would sell for 350k. So I squeaked in just in the nick of time.

I agree and would wait to order new for sticker instead of paying a markup on used.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,874 Posts
I think as long as the pandemic persists with it’s inevitable mutations it’s going to influence the car manufacturers on several critical levels plus the virus indirectly has created a new market psychology........that is, it flushed a lot of the “only live once” psuedo-enthusiasts out of the woodwork creating unprecedented demand. I can’t be sure how long it will last but a WAG would be at least two more years..........

Reactions: Michael15

·
Premium Member
18,886 Posts
The new word of the day will soon become "Endemic".

Reactions: kotykb

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,874 Posts
The new word of the day will soon become "Endemic".
Russ it's here to stay so, we have to coexist with the virus.........

·
Registered
65 Posts
I saw my SA at the local CC. My EVO is slated to be here on the 21st. Initially I was told my car was at port but that was a mistake and it was in Panama. My SA said 18months if you were to order now and who knows how the models will change by then?

·
Registered
577 Posts
But at some point in the near future, Evo orders will cease and the replacement version will then fulfill those orders?

Dealerships are making more selling on the used car market as they can markup the price to whatever the demand warrants whereas new orders have to be sold MSRP, at least that's what I've been told about new car orders.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,874 Posts
I saw my SA at the local CC. My EVO is slated to be here on the 21st. Initially I was told my car was at port but that was a mistake and it was in Panama. My SA said 18months if you were to order now and who knows how the models will change by then?
Firstly, Congrats on your soon to arrive EVO!
As your SA suggests, things are just unpredictable for the marque car brands going forward and it will be some time before everything rebalances.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Firstly, Congrats on your soon to arrive EVO!
As your SA suggests, things are just unpredictable for the marque car brands going forward and it will be some time before everything rebalances.
So very true. We were standing next to a brand new GT3. It was a gorgeous car and my SA knew the car/owner. He said “he paid $140k over MSRP…and you’re getting your EVO for sticker price..” I said “so throwing in an Arkapovic exhaust is out of the question I guess??”

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,874 Posts
Lord, $140K over sucker takes my breath away. I paid $50K under MSRP for a preowned 2019 580-2 and then MSRP for my 2021 and 2022 EVO RWDs. Now I am paying MSRP for a 2023 STO.........long winded way of saying Lamborghini Good, Porsche Bad! :giggle:

Reactions: Michael15

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
But at some point in the near future, Evo orders will cease and the replacement version will then fulfill those orders?

Dealerships are making more selling on the used car market as they can markup the price to whatever the demand warrants whereas new orders have to be sold MSRP, at least that's what I've been told about new car orders.
That’s what I thought til I called on this one. At the time they were asking $70k over sticker!

·
Premium Member
18,886 Posts
Russ it's here to stay so, we have to coexist with the virus.........
In one form or another unfortunately, but it will cease to be called a Pandemic.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,874 Posts
In one form or another unfortunately, but it will cease to be called a Pandemic.
As it was with the Spanish flu which started in 1918.........

1 - 20 of 28 Posts