Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys - Just wanting some information or advice. First Exotic and Lambo purchase, I placed a deposit for an EVO RWD with my local dealer first week of Aug.
My SA wasn't able to give me a build time or allocation which kind of seemed odd for not knowing what allocations they have for the dealer.

Messaged my SA said he should maybe have an update next week. I kind of feel as if he's not telling the truth in a way?

Any insight on what the current build times are and ideally when dealers should have allocation numbers?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I placed a deposit a couple months back. Was told 3-5 months for an allocation and then additional 6+ months for build and delivery. I was told to expect late spring/early summer 2022, but as of now I haven't received any updates.

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
A number of threads on this. But not unusual at all, dealers get allotments middle of the month and they don't know how many and for what they will get. I placed an order end of May with deposit and am next up for an AWD allotment which they said should have in a week or so. You should ask where you are on list since most dealers have a number of orders right now and most likely not going to be enough 2022 produced to fill them all

Reactions: kumizi

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
In today's environment anything can happen (covid variants, more lockdowns, shortages, political unrest, etc..,) that could affect delivery. If I had to guess any deliveries are going to be later than sooner.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,704 Posts
OP, what will determine how quickly you will get your EVO is when the allocation/order is actually submitted by the dealership. If your order is submitted and it is "Status 30 Submitted" you are looking at about 5 months until delivery. My order was submitted on the 13th of May and is projected to be completed the 18th September with probably early to mid October delivery. Keep in mind my order is taking about 5 months even with the Lamborghini factory 3 week vacation shutdown.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,758 Posts
You are certainly not alone. It seems most if not all dealers are struggling with inventory, allocations and basic information. There are some production delays and I think this is leaving dealers with more questions than answers. Some dealers are just telling prospective buyers what they want to hear in order not to lose them.

·
Registered
150 Posts
@OP which dealer? Someone here likely has a good perspective on working with them. A few pointers based on my experience and troves of data on this forum:

• It is true that dealers don't know their exact number of allocations until Lamborghini notifies them around mid month. Could be one, could be several, could be zero, but the dealer won't know ahead of time.
  • As others said, getting your order formally submitted is an important first step...this means you're in the Lamborghini system (central, not dealer) and "in the queue" so to speak so once allocations come in they may get assigned to you. This is very different than some dealers just making a list on a notepad somewhere to figure it out later when allocations come.
  • Probably the best indication of how long it will be is asking how many other folks are ahead of you in said queue. A good dealer will be transparent.
  • Dealers don't always have the answers. Vagueness is not a red flag...they simply don't have a ton of info. But if they can confirm your order was officially submitted (i.e. it exists in "LOOM", has a submitted status, and you'll likely get an email from Lamborghini directly) and confirm how many folks are ahead of you, you should be in good shape.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
The dealer can see their total allocations on the LOOM but getting a build slot is the issue. A lot of dealers are "sold out" until next summer meaning their alloctions are full but they don't know when or how many builds slot they're getting so if someone has allocation for say March the build slot might not show up until July or later. It's a mess.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,704 Posts
Messaged my SA said he should maybe have an update next week. I kind of feel as if he's not telling the truth in a way?
I am in contact with my SA and he indicated he would be getting his next round of allocations by the middle of September so your SAs timeline sounds about right.

·
Registered
34 Posts
In short, expect your car in about a year, maybe more...

This is the reason resale values are through the roof. No one likes waiting.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,704 Posts
What the dividing line between the have and have nots will be the MY2023/MY2024. Hybrids are a coming and GPFs'. Hold onto your Sport Seats it's going to be a bumpy ride*.

*Inspired by the Movie All About EVE (1950), the character Margo Channing (Bette Davis).

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
I'm now wondering if the 2021 EVO has the same valve situation as the 2021 STO. I'm kind of suspecting they do at this point. May have been something they implemented across all Huracans for MY 2021 and forward. I guess the only way to know for sure is if a MY 2021 EVO owner currently had a Perf or 2020 EVO.

·
Registered
262 Posts
What the dividing line between the have and have nots will be the MY2023/MY2024. Hybrids are a coming and GPFs'. Hold onto your Sport Seats it's going to be a bumpy ride*.

*Inspired by the Movie All About EVE (1950), the character Margo Channing (Bette Davis).
Do we know when the last of the Evo's are supposed to be built?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,704 Posts
Do we know when the last of the Evo's are supposed to be built?
The last EVO with 10-cylinder NA engine is MY2023. My understanding is that there should be allocations for the MY2023 ending around April 2023 +/-. My understanding is that they should start the taking the MY2024 orders in May of 2023.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The last EVO with 10-cylinder NA engine is MY2023. My understanding is that there should be allocations for the MY2023 ending around April 2023 +/-. My understanding is that they should start the taking the MY2024 orders in May of 2023.
With that being said, I'm sure build allocations will be tight through the end of production. I placed my order in April without much of an issue, a buddy of mine said a few dealerships such as Salt Lake City and others are saying they're willing to accept a deposit but don't know when they'll have allocations. They're projecting 8-10 months from when they're awarded the allocations. I feel pretty fortunate to have got my allocation when I did as there will be high demand through the end of production.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,704 Posts
With that being said, I'm sure build allocations will be tight through the end of production. I placed my order in April without much of an issue, a buddy of mine said a few dealerships such as Salt Lake City and others are saying they're willing to accept a deposit but don't know when they'll have allocations. They're projecting 8-10 months from when they're awarded the allocations. I feel pretty fortunate to have got my allocation when I did as there will be high demand through the end of production.
Absolutely, allocations started to tighten up right after May. Also agree, if you have an allocation in hand you are indeed fortunate.........last of breed. ;)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Posted something similar in another thread but adding here in case there's value. Order placed in late June...dealer did not have July/August allocations come through. September should be my month but still waiting to see it Sant'Agata blesses the dealership with anything this month. Hoping to hear next week.

So from date the order was placed, I'm projecting 9 total months...which really only has downside potential of getting longer (if no Sept allocation, production delays, covid, etc.)

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm now wondering if the 2021 EVO has the same valve situation as the 2021 STO. I'm kind of suspecting they do at this point. May have been something they implemented across all Huracans for MY 2021 and forward. I guess the only way to know for sure is if a MY 2021 EVO owner currently had a Perf or 2020 EVO.
What's the valve issue?

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Bloomberg posted an interview with Winklemann yesterday and he stated the H replacement arrives end of 2024.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts