Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i was just seeing with people on here what their thoughts were on say a 5 - 10 year future values are on the Murcielago. I luckily got one early this year and love it 06 roadster. I was possibly in a few years going to get rid of it and go after an Aventador roadster. But the low production Murci compared to the high production murci, my thoughts are the murcie is going to be a rarer more valuable car. If i wait long enough i was thinking first gen Aventadors are probably going to drop significantly. Just curious to what others may feel about this. Thanks

·
Registered
256 Posts
Historically, each generation of the flagship has eclipsed the previous generation in value mostly due to production numbers keep increasing. Theres a lot that will happen in the next 5-10 years but i moreso see a steady appreciation of the Murcielagos with gated and SV cars leading the pack and Aventadors holding fairly steady with very slow depreciation

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
though i would love to agree with these points.
I have some drivable investment grade older cars.
But how long will people want older stuff?
Guys like me that had the Countach poster on the wall are getting older. When is the time we lose interest either due to health, other priorities, or just don't want to deal with upkeep and costs maintaining these beautiful machines?
The car guys coming of age with money<for the moment, want the latest technology, what ever grabs the attention.
Guys like me are literally dying away.
I have not mentioned ICE becoming a rarity and how that will affect prices both negative and positive.
I think short term and long term an argument can be made on either side of upside and potential downside.
Buy what you love, drive what you love. when its time to pass the cars on, lets hope you make money.
In the meantime.......Drive

·
Registered
256 Posts
Guys like me that had the Countach poster on the wall are getting older. When is the time we lose interest either due to health, other priorities, or just don't want to deal with upkeep and costs maintaining these beautiful machines?
The car guys coming of age with money<for the moment, want the latest technology, what ever grabs the attention.
I have not mentioned ICE becoming a rarity and how that will affect prices both negative and positive.
I think short term and long term an argument can be made on either side of upside and potential downside.
Buy what you love, drive what you love. when its time to pass the cars on, lets hope you make money.
This is actually why the future bodes well for the Murcielago. The Murci was the “poster car” of my generation and it has a certain mystique and aura to it. As more of my generation comes into the position to buy these cars, the demand will go up, yet there is a very finite supply. In addition, there has never been a Lamborghini with greater pop culture exposure between the Nolan Batman trilogy, numerous songs about the Murcielago and even the current exposure by Ed on Vinwiki, Stradman, Tavarish and DDE

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hear what you're saying topcarbon.and that may turn out to be true but I'm 36 and I love all of the older as well as newer cars. Have a few of both. I feel like real "car" guys will always keep these older markets thriving especially when it's passed on to kids. My 8 year old son and my 4 nephews next door to me 8 to 14 help me regularly do work on cars and love it. They all just helped me do the belt service on my gated 360 spider lol. And are really pushing me they all want to build a cobra. With that being said I would hope there will be many people passing this passion on cause it really is a Lotta fun weather it Countach, murci, aventador, cobras ect.. thanks for the responses I appreciate it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hear what you're saying topcarbon.and that may turn out to be true but I'm 36 and I love all of the older as well as newer cars. Have a few of both. I feel like real "car" guys will always keep these older markets thriving especially when it's passed on to kids. My 8 year old son and my 4 nephews next door to me 8 to 14 help me regularly do work on cars and love it. They all just helped me do the belt service on my gated 360 spider lol. And are really pushing me they all want to build a cobra. With that being said I would hope there will be many people passing this passion on cause it really is a Lotta fun weather it Countach, murci, aventador, cobras ect.. thanks for the responses I appreciate it

·
Registered
74 Posts
20 to 40 year mark from release I feel like they'll do well.
After that who knows...as someone stated above...the target demographic moves on, stops caring, priorities change, too hard to get in/out, etc.

Plus, who knows what regulations for driving ICE cars will be by then.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Fortunately the engine / drivetrain are fairly reliable in the grand scheme of things, but I could see parts becoming an issue for longer term ownership. The MED alarm and immobilizers (fuel cut valves) are a big issue and will have to be ripped out in the older Murci's as they're already hard, if not impossible, to get replacements for. I had one fail in my '03. I suspect 6-speed will be much more maintainable long term because e-gear Murci issues in that first five or six years can be a real nightmare to troubleshoot, and the folks that know how to do it will start to be harder to find, for an already limited car.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I will say though you will be hard pressed to find a manual transmission, mid engined v12 that responds well to bolt on modifications, has 600+ horsepower...can be RWD or AWD take your pick...exotic looks, etc etc. for under a million dollars today.

Murcielago is the only car. Only thing that comes close are the antiquated Ferrari's of the 90s with 12 cylinders. Testarossas, 512tr / 512m but they're fairly anemic in comparison.

Everything else is 7 figures plus. Zondas, F50s, etc.

At their current price levels they're a bargain considering what it takes to get a comparable motoring experience.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Hey i was just seeing with people on here what their thoughts were on say a 5 - 10 year future values are on the Murcielago. I luckily got one early this year and love it 06 roadster. I was possibly in a few years going to get rid of it and go after an Aventador roadster. But the low production Murci compared to the high production murci, my thoughts are the murcie is going to be a rarer more valuable car. If i wait long enough i was thinking first gen Aventadors are probably going to drop significantly. Just curious to what others may feel about this. Thanks
As a first time exotic owner, I purchased an 06 Murci Roadster.

why? Only 125 built in 06, V12, scissor doors, stop traffic looks. What more can one ask for in a low price entry into the Lamborghini family? I also figured 40 have been destroyed and parted out, leaving only 85 left on the planet. 40 in North America and 45 in Europe.

it was an investment that had minimal downside. Otherwise, a no brainer.

experience owning it, enables me to move up the food chain of exotics, without the risk.

good luck!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As a first time exotic owner, I purchased an 06 Murci Roadster.

why? Only 125 built in 06, V12, scissor doors, stop traffic looks. What more can one ask for in a low price entry into the Lamborghini family? I also figured 40 have been destroyed and parted out, leaving only 85 left on the planet. 40 in North America and 45 in Europe.

it was an investment that had minimal downside. Otherwise, a no brainer.

experience owning it, enables me to move up the food chain of exotics, without the risk.

good luck!
Wow! Well said and my exact same thoughts to why I just recently bought my first 06 murci roadster arancio borealis. I sold an awesome gallardo build all carbon balloon white with carbon brakes to get this and I'm very happy with the decision. I started 9 years ago with a cheap cobra kit car and slowly picked the right cars over the years and mad pretty great profits on turn around. So that hits home. I actually also have a low mile gated 360 spider I caught cheap 5 years ago and I'm thinking nows the time to let it go for a pretty good win. Thanks for the response

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Wow! Well said and my exact same thoughts to why I just recently bought my first 06 murci roadster arancio borealis. I sold an awesome gallardo build all carbon balloon white with carbon brakes to get this and I'm very happy with the decision. I started 9 years ago with a cheap cobra kit car and slowly picked the right cars over the years and mad pretty great profits on turn around. So that hits home. I actually also have a low mile gated 360 spider I caught cheap 5 years ago and I'm thinking nows the time to let it go for a pretty good win. Thanks for the response
Another thing, for the Murci roadster, arancio borealis is THE color to have. Yellow is a close second. FYI, I also have arancio borealis 😀 great minds think alike!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree i love this color great combo with the black options. Do you have black wheels on yours? i have the silver hercules, but im really considering having them powder coated by a very reputable company in my area piano key black. Curious on your opinion. Thanks man

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Another thing, for the Murci roadster, arancio borealis is THE color to have. Yellow is a close second. FYI, I also have arancio borealis 😀 great minds think alike!
I agree i love this color great combo with the black options. Do you have black wheels on yours? i have the silver hercules, but im really considering having them powder coated by a very reputable company in my area piano key black. Curious on your opinion. Thanks man

1 - 20 of 52 Posts