Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I must be Crazy. I just let my 17 year old son and his 16 yr old friend take the Murcie to a car meet tonight. There are sure to be young ladies there. I cant imagine the stories they will make up. My wife thought it was a good idea and since she lets me buy whatever I want without complaint , I guess i just have to agree. I wish someone had let me drive a lambo even for one night when I was 17. He is working really hard in the company business so why not give him a taste ? We are all going to formula drift tomorrow so the stories should be good on the way. Lee

Premium Member
I would do the same in a heartbeat...as long as they always keep the spy cam on, disinfect the interior twice, vacuum and change the carbon filter 馃ぃ 馃ぃ

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
You must be assuming there will be some nefarious activity with teenage girls. LOL

Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
You must have a good trustworthy son. I would do the same thing.

Registered
I must be Crazy. I just let my 17 year old son and his 16 yr old friend take the Murcie to a car meet tonight. There are sure to be young ladies there. I cant imagine the stories they will make up. My wife thought it was a good idea and since she lets me buy whatever I want without complaint , I guess i just have to agree. I wish someone had let me drive a lambo even for one night when I was 17. He is working really hard in the company business so why not give him a taste ? We are all going to formula drift tomorrow so the stories should be good on the way. Lee
How did it turn out? I think we鈥檇 all like to be that cool dad/uncle/friend... I鈥檓 just not sure if I鈥檇 be able to get past all the 鈥渨hat if鈥檚...鈥 (what if he hits a pothole, what if he turns off the traction control, etc.鈥).

Frankly, I doubt I would have trusted myself when I was 17 years old with 600 horsepower!

Registered
more liability than i can comfortably stomach.
too many risks both with life and property.
If something were to happen(catastrophic), i don't think i could live with myself
17 year olds no matter how responsible, are still not mature adults who make 17 year old decisions

Registered
I commend you Lee! My kids aren't that old yet but it's something I ponder about for when it would be time

As mentioned... I KNOW I wouldn't have been responsible enough at that age knowing my former self, but would have loved the opportunity. At least it sounds like you have a good one and I'm sure he returned home, car is good, got some nice smiles at the meet and all is well!

He is one lucky boy to have that access, and not sure if he fully grasps that. You are officially the cool dad

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
The funny thing s car like that can make even us adults act foolish sometimes.

Reactions: DXM31

Registered
When I bought my son his first car I just assumed he was going to wreck it, and he did. So the car I bought him was cheap and had a five star crash rating(also a manual). It reminds me of something a friend told me, "if you give a nine year old a machine gun and he shoots somebody, who's fault is it?" My son is now 26 and married and he doesn't drive my car without me in it.

Registered
If something were to happen(catastrophic), i don't think i could live with myself
17 year olds no matter how responsible, are still not mature adults who make 17 year old decisions
+1. I drove my father's Mercedes s-class to the prom preparty when I was 17 and that was a momentous occasion. That car was built like a tank and he came to pick it up as my friends and I rented a bus from the preparty to the actual event. I was sweating bullets the whole time driving the Merc. Cant imagine a Murcie.

The 17 year-old brain does not have the life and driving experience nor the maturity to safely handle the horsepower and driving dynamics of a Murcie IMHO.

If my 3 year old daughter was a teenager I might let her take the Mini Countryman S during the daytime but no way at night to an event that may involve alcohol. She would never touch the wife's E class or the Huracan.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
My son runs machines daily that have way more power and cost a lot more than than the lambo. He does not drink, smoke or do drugs. We have a rule that if he gets caught speeding even once the lambo is off limits forever. He is currently building a twin turbo Nissan 350 that will blow the doors off the murcie so power is not really a concern. So far , he has been very responsible. I dont plan to let him go crazy but he is really conservative. So far so good. The best way to make a teenager into a man is to treat them like one. Lee

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry I forgot. The car was perfect when he came back. Thanks for the kind words. I am trying to make my son strive for great success. He is very motivated. A little taste can go a long way. At 17 I was way wilder than him. I will save those stories till he is about 30. LOL

Registered
How did it turn out? I think we鈥檇 all like to be that cool dad/uncle/friend... I鈥檓 just not sure if I鈥檇 be able to get past all the 鈥渨hat if鈥檚...鈥 (what if he hits a pothole, what if he turns off the traction control, etc.鈥).

Frankly, I doubt I would have trusted myself when I was 17 years old with 600 horsepower!
I drove my dad's early 2000s Mercedes E55 AMG around 17. That was the fastest car I had access to as a teenager. My first time in a Lamborghini, it was some Groupon deal that offered 3-5 laps around a coned course in a Gallardo around 2014. My first few seconds of driving it, I spun out because the car was much faster than I anticipated, but it was a conned course in a giant parking lot so nobody was endangered. But I concluded this is a car to not be stupid or have fantasies with because it doesn't care about your safety.

Registered
2004 Lamborghini Murcielago in Rosso Andromeda
Totally agree, no freaking way in hell would I take on that kind of liability in todays I'm getting a lawyer and sue you society.

Registered
What a heartening story. Thanks for sharing.
Ever since I had my permit, my father was always generous about letting me use his "nice" car (7-series, M4) if I asked to take it out for a special occasion. Him entrusting me in that way definitely strengthened our bond. I got a couple memorable stories out of it and no harm was done!
I can't wait to do the same for my kid(s).

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Sounds great Lee! I only have one question are you open to the idea of adoption? 馃ぃ

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Adoption. LOL Sounds like an interesting idea. I already have 7 teenage boys that practically live at the house. They want a bunkhouse at the new place. I am letting them use one of my warehouses as a giant shop and hangout now. I am waiting on a permit to build a 3K sf building on my new land. I will set them up and a shop for my son. They are all good kids. No drugs, smoking or drinking. They are all car freaks. I much prefer that to the other options. Also , I am teaching all of them about business and making money. I hope to help all of them get a head start on the world. Not monetary, just education. Three of them are working for me now.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Adoption. LOL Sounds like an interesting idea. I already have 7 teenage boys that practically live at the house. They want a bunkhouse at the new place. I am letting them use one of my warehouses as a giant shop and hangout now. I am waiting on a permit to build a 3K sf building on my new land. I will set them up and a shop for my son. They are all good kids. No drugs, smoking or drinking. They are all car freaks. I much prefer that to the other options. Also , I am teaching all of them about business and making money. I hope to help all of them get a head start on the world. Not monetary, just education. Three of them are working for me now.
Sounds great; clearly you you are instilling good values that will profit them for the rest of their lives.

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
We can only hope. I guess teaching them how to play poker does not really qualify. (tonight) LOL

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
We can only hope. I guess teaching them how to play poker does not really qualify. (tonight) LOL
Funny! Though, what's the saying "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy". You gotta have some fun!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts