Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the Lamborghini is picked up for service via transport/enclosed carry is it customary to tip the Lamborghini driver? The driver works for the dealership so not sure how that is handled. Thanks in advance for the help/input.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
No idea, but I would probably give the driver a $20.00 just to be safe. After all he has your precious cargo. I always tip the drivers that drop me off and pick me up when I bring my car in for service and they have let me know that they really appreciate it.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No idea, but I would probably give the driver a $20.00 just to be safe. After all he has your precious cargo. I always tip the drivers that drop me off and pick me up when I bring my car in for service and they have let me know that they really appreciate it.
Thanks Russ $20 at pick up and drop off? So $20 X2 or $40? In New York tipping was the norm but I just would hate to offend someone or the gesture be inappropriate.

Premium Member
I would ask the driver if he will be the one delivering it as well, if so $20 at pick as that is the most important one. Otherwise $10 & $10 is good. They are paid good money, I know my brother is in the business, nevertheless any kind gesture goes a long way.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I probably will give him $30 or $40 when he picks the vehicle thereby to leaving a good first impression. The dealership in Austin is great about sending an enclosed carry transport for the pick up and delivery. As it turns out the dealership is a part of town that's not all that great so the enclosed carry option is a nice touch.
I wonder how much the dealership pays the driver for these runs.

Premium Member
It depends on how they get paid, hour, salary or per tow. A busy driver can make up to $80K a year. That鈥檚 doing a bunch of short tows. On average they鈥檙e paid between $15. & $25 per hour. I know my brother gives them perks and incentives. He鈥檚 in Cali near Disneyland.

Registered
Had my Murci get delivered by an independent hauler from Texas to the Midwest. It was his own rig. Enclosed. Really took his time to unload the vehicle.
I tipped him $100
Probably too much, but wtf, the Murci was the only thing I was focusing on 馃槄

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had my Murci get delivered by an independent hauler from Texas to the Midwest. It was his own rig. Enclosed. Really took his time to unload the vehicle.
I tipped him $100
Probably too much, but wtf, the Murci was the only thing I was focusing on 馃槄
Angel $100? Man o man I may have to use my food stamps to pay him. Seriously right now the dealership is doing warranty work so hopefully $40 would be sufficient.

Registered
t.i.p.s.
to insure prompt service
always a good idea to give a little especially if nothing gets broken and they take reasonable care.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I guess the consensus is tip........cheap insurance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts