Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I'm just about to lock-in an order for a new RWD Huracan Evo coupe and had a couple of questions regarding options that I was hoping you all could help me with:

1. Lamborghini Dynamic Steering - I see posts from 5 or so years ago saying it used to be bad, but then got better, but it's hard to find posts making value judgments about including the improved version or not. I understand what it does, but do you like it/is it worth adding in its current form on these cars?

2. MSRP Discount - Are people getting any kind of discount when placing an order for a new car? If so, what would you say is the average percent off MSRP? Smaller dealer, if it matters.

3. I'm trying to choose between Verde Mantis and Verde Selvans. Which one of these do you like more? I haven't been able/won't be able to see either in person beyond the samples so its just going off photos/videos for me. It seems like the Selvans has more detail and shows off the lines of the car better because of the way the flake reflects light, but I worry that it will look too yellow/gold in person. I like green for the car, but I worry that the mantis is too flat/plain and will look plastic-y.

4. Along with the green exterior, I'm stuck trying to decide between an all black interior with green stitching, contrast green on the lower dash/armrests/knee with black seats, and full contrast with the lower dash/armrests/knee and green seats see:

Are there any owners with bright colors who opted for the full matching interior? Which of the interior color combo options do you like the most?

Any help or suggestions you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Verde Mantis is darker than Selvans, pure pearl green, Selvans has a little more yellow pearl. You can go crazy with interior colors, and don’t limit to green. I ordered both life and driver packages and left out dynamic steering. Discounts depend on locality and relationship with your dealer. I was able to negotiate 4% discount.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,458 Posts
Welcome & Congratulations!

Now to your questions:

1. no info on the LDS never had it but others will chime in no doubt
2. I maybe got 2% discount that is only when I add up all the freebies. I would start a little higher than you expect and maybe you can meet somewhere in the middle; the discount @Tanman88 got was quite respectable and I only wish I could have faired that well. I made a good deal on the trade of my preowned 2019 580-2 and traded it pretty close to what I purchased it for 5 months prior (because of the Lambo price inflation) plus I got a 12K tax credit so I made a little headway on those fronts.
3 & 4. That Verde Selvans in the video with the two tone interior looks pretty darn cool :cool: to me but if you would prefer to be more conservative then black with green stitching would also look nice. I just love the way the two tone black/green interior pops.

Best of luck with whatever you choose!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think interior colors also depend on the seats you are getting. With the sport seats having some carbon fiber, I would consider other carbon trim such as carbon fiber vent caps and door handles. With my bad back, I chose electric seats and went with the Belenus yellow trim and the calipers in yellow. Seems almost all Verde cars have matching green interiors, and I opted to go a little different.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,449 Posts
With these bright green colors I think going green full interior is way too much. I went with black and green accents and it is perfect for me.

Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think interior colors also depend on the seats you are getting. With the sport seats having some carbon fiber, I would consider other carbon trim such as carbon fiber vent caps and door handles. With my bad back, I chose electric seats and went with the Belenus yellow trim and the calipers in yellow. Seems almost all Verde cars have matching green interiors, and I opted to go a little different.
Would you be able to share a few pictures of your car exterior/interior? That yellow is one of the colors I was strongly considering but I couldn't find any examples online so decided not to chance it. Love to see it if you have a few!

Welcome & Congratulations!
2. I maybe got 2% discount that is only when I add up all the freebies.
That Verde Selvans in the video with the two tone interior looks pretty darn cool :cool: to me but if you would prefer to be more conservative then black with green stitching would also look nice. I just love the way the two tone black/green interior pops. Best of luck with whatever you choose!
What sorts of freebies did you manage to snag?

One of the nice things about this car is I'm pretty sure all of this agonizing I'm currently doing won't end up mattering much as I'll love whatever shows up!

With these bright green colors I think going green full interior is way too much. I went with black and green accents and it is perfect for me.
That was the way I originally specced the build. It's all but impossible to go wrong with a more subdued black interior in the car. It's only after I watched more videos that I began to wonder if maybe I should take a chance and get something with more pop.

P.S. - Love the car just chilling in your lawn! Definitely not what people think when they hear about the "neighbors with all the cars in their yard :D)

·
Premium Member
17,449 Posts
There is really no bad color or spec, the car is just awesome.

Reactions: fabo

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,458 Posts
@Schyl, some of the negotiated freebees included: the installation of the battery pigtail, battery tender, door logo lights, Lamborghini valve stem caps, a set of custom seat covers, an exact replica car valued at $800 and free shipping. In addition, they took about 1K off the MSRP.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,458 Posts
I hate to mention this, I do believe the replica car is always included with your car.
No it's not.......Russ unfortunately would have had to pay for it, and so he did not receive it.

Russ.....correct me if I am wrong.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,458 Posts
I might have misunderstood my SA, when I ordered my car he showed me all the model cars of their incoming inventory. He mentioned they usually receive a model car prior to the real car, and is always given to the customer.
That was what I have come to understand but maybe not always.......Russ was left out in the cold.

·
Premium Member
17,449 Posts
This was my 4th Huracan and the only one I got the replica with was my 2016 Blu. Lemans because it was a new release car .

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,458 Posts
I think the way the market is if you manage a discount that is great, and I would at least try to see if you can but, if you want the car that should not be a deal breaker. One good thing I can say about Lamborghini is they don't charge an ADM like Porsche does for its GT cars. That Porsche ADMs are a blatant attempt to slam dunk customers to the nth degree. Heck, for what we get even MSRP is overpriced. I also hear people claiming you have to establish a relationship with the dealership, and then the dealership will take care of you but, I haven't found that to be the case. With most dealerships the relationship is short lived and only exists during each particular purchase. So, I guess what I am saying is be aggressive and try to get the best deal you can but understand these are tough times and with the Lambo shortages that prevail getting a "bargain" will be harder to achieve.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I believe dealerships value long term relationships. I have to say I’m really a Porsche guy, having the last 5 generations of 911 GT models. Being a customer of the same dealership for 20 years , at least now they make the effort to make me feel like they value my business. I just put in the order for the new GT3 in a Touring, allocations won’t be in till later this year, but I was guaranteed a spot without an ADM. Actually, to be honest, I leveraged this relationship with the Porsche dealership when I ordered the Huracan. I told them I’m a Porsche guy that is looking to get into another brand, and I spoke with the GM in length about all things cars. He mentioned he worked for Porsche for a while, and he knew my personal dealings with my Porsche dealership. I frankly told him I expected the same treatment from his dealership. He lent me a Huracan for the weekend and I ordered the car when I returned it with the agreed discount.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,458 Posts
I am new to the sports car realm but in two years I bought 3 new Porsches two of which I specced and they treated me poorly right up until the end. I bought a 2018 718 Cayman S, 2019 GT3-RS and a 2018 GT2-RS and even with all that the dealership tried to rip me off when buying a car cover for the 3RS. What happened with the car cover was somewhat amusing. The head Porsche parts guy calls me over and tells me he has a great deal on a 3RS cover that he wants to sell me because I am such a valued customer.........turns out he is asking more than twice the price of the same car cover I can get from Suncoast parts.........in a word, sleazy.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Not sure why they would even charge you for a car cover, again always included with purchase. My experience, if you have given a dealership that amount of business, you should be on a first name basis with the dealer principal. You would be amazed how well they treat you when you come in and they know you have the owner’s ear. I don’t mean kiss your behind, but at least not rip you off for a cover. Not sure what Porsche dealership you do business with, here in Nor Cal they seem to be decent, albeit generally more expensive.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts