Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else in the world need Countach rear Tyres ? ( Sorry tires to the US !) I am just ordering some for myself and I can get more if required, delivery date To be advised. They will be available from UK

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
terryjoint said:
Forgot to say Pirelli P Zero´s
Is Pirelli making a sepcial run of tires? If so then friends and I have about 20 orders for complete sets but they must be P7's. Only 1 year Countach came with P Zero's, the 89' anniversary car. We have 10 years worth of Countach's that need new tires, but for concours and just the proper look they need to be P7's

Who is your Pirelli contact? Could you ask he or she if they will do P7's? I'm not kidding there may be as many as 50 sets of tires ordered here in the US. Just 3 Lambo shops I spoke to would be in for 10 sets each, not to mention that I would take a set or two as well as other people I know.

Let us know what if anything can be done at this time.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tony,
I am sorry Pirelli will never be doing P7´s again. Only the P Zero´s will be available.
My contact is a company in the UK where I got my last set from, I just wanted a few more tyres for safekeeping for the future.
Pirelli said today they will be doing another run soon, it would help the timing if we had more confirmed orders.
If you wanted to speak to them yourselves the e mail is [email protected]

They are the biggest tyre importers/exporters in Europe. They are really helpful but will not ship outside of the UK, however I can sort this out. It would be best if everyone ordered their tires from them direct and then paid for them when they come in, I can get someone to arrange half a container load to the USA or wherever.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Thanks Terry,

I have a stash of new old stock P7's for Concours only, for both my Silhouette and for a Countach, just wish I had sets to drive on. :)

I guess the crazy prices for P7's the few times they come up are going to stay crazy. Last time I found a set of 4 for a friend it was almost $4,000.00 :eek:

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
To be really exactly you have to have P7R for the QV Countach and P7 for the earlier models...

I think the only possibility to get these old tires is buying old stock or used ones, I'm also looking around for them since I love the look of the old P7 profile. Unfortunately my Garage threw mine away when I bought the car and had them changed. :( :eek:

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Veloce,
It would be better to order direct, but quote my order number (532445) and ask them to contact you for payment but me for shippping, that way I am not at risk for paying for a couple of hundred tyres !!
Just let them know who you are and the car that you want them for and they will understand.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
raymond said:
To be really exactly you have to have P7R for the QV Countach and P7 for the earlier models...

I think the only possibility to get these old tires is buying old stock or used ones, I'm also looking around for them since I love the look of the old P7 profile. Unfortunately my Garage threw mine away when I bought the car and had them changed. :( :eek:
Good point Raymond.

There is nothing better than a Countach with P7's on it!

Pirelli Cinturato P7's on 2 valve cars.
Pirelli P7R for the later QV up to 1988.
Pirelli P-Zero's on the 1989 25th Anniversary Countach

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The problem is the P7´s will be circa 15 to 20 years old, if you find them. Are you really going to 150 MPH on tyres that old !!

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Terry,

many americans store them only for concours like Pebble Beach, for driving they have a second set. The same with the Fiamm sticker of the Battery, they take it off the old battery and glue it onto the new.
The judges at Pebble must be awful, if you need 20 years old tires and even get minus when you change the battery.
Glad we don't have such a extreme concours here, I would have no chance with my moded Countach :D

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Raymond, Yes you are right but I know for sure which would be the better drive.
By the way I found a guy to change the front oil pipes, it took him about 4 hours but not too difficult for him. They are making the new ones now, plus cleaning the front old radiator. It should be back together this weekend. The MSD unit will be fitted at the same time

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Terry, think also of improving the flow to the oil cooler, the air can escape and is not leaded enough to the cooler.
My friend with his charged LP400s placed some carbon sheets to lead the air directly through to cooler and has now less oil temp.

BTW you have the permatune unit, not a MSD...

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Raymond, sorry yes permatune not MSD.

I find my car runs cold anyway, at thius time of year in Spain oil and water do not usually go above 80 to 90 Dg

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Last pair I paid sterling about 208 each tyre, might make that expensive at the moment for the US guys as teh $ is down to about 1.84 which equals circa USD382 each

1 - 18 of 18 Posts