Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing a little research here and need some help.

Glen's website lists Countach S #1121312 as the first car with a raised roofline (this info is also in the Peter Dron "Countach" book). I'm trying to get some numbers together to figure out why an earlier S looks so different BESIDES THE LOWER SHOCK POSITION. We've already determined that the shocks are shorter and the ride is lower...but IS the body different?

We need the following measurments from a 500 or 5000 S/Quatrovavole, a Countach S (series 2) later than 1121312 and a Countach S (series 1) earlier than #1121112-

Top of door to bottom of door at the widest point
top of sill to bottom of the rocker panel
headliner to lowest seat point
headliner to floor pan

These are straight verticle measurments.

Also the following info:

Besides the lack of crashbars in pre 1121312 doors, is there any other additional bracing or chassis additions?
Is there ANY magnesium in ANY of these cars besides engine components and the early Bravo wheels?
Was the LP500 the only car to get the Elektron components?

I have sent thiis email to some factory folks and Dallara....maybe we'll get lucky with some hard data.

Also, from Dallara's website is enclosed a shot of his Miura in front of the building!

David Kean

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
my chassis number is 12704, is that any good, if it is I will measure it for you. I am not aware of any magnesium on the car other than in the engine bay.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
David,
I will measure my 5000qv. I too would like to know, as I have been told so many different stories over the years. I also know that the lower cars hit everything in sight, driveways, speed bumps, etc. It could be that they just raised the car up. I have bought a set of adjustable coilovers and was thinking of droping my car down to the early ride hight.

Do you feel that it's smaller inside than your old qv once your inside?

Myself being 6'2" tall, I just fit with about a 1" over my head in a 5000 body car, but wondered if my head would hit the roof of a low-body Countach.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My '87 QV certainly seems to have a good deal of ground clearance - 5"+. I've driven over a lot of speed bumps and up several driveway ramps and never had a problem clearing them yet. *crosses fingers*

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
This is what I have so far:

Door to sill on the outside of the door from top of door down to far edge is 20" then from that point down to bottoom of the door is 17" so 37"

Headliner to seat is 34"

Headliner to floor was tough but 35-35.5"

I have one for you: roof to sill with door open is 27" done with locked tape measure on floor and lined up end of tape with roof.

Check the distance from under the rocker where the metal is joined at the bottom part that verticle black part down to the ground, and the front chin distance to the ground.

See if these pics help.....

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Jim,

The 5000 body cars wont hit anything unless your driving crazy, the early low body cars are the ones that hit things. 1978-1980 and there were a few in 1981. My first Countach was a 1981 #1121328 has the 5000 body even though it was a LP400S.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Tony,

That takes care of the later cars....now we need an early S. My car is still at Bobileffs, but I'll have it back here soon. Does ANYONE on this list have an early Countach S at hand? We also could use the numbers from the later S, just to clear up exactly *when* the cars were changed to the 500 style. I asked John N. about your old car, but it's not at home yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
....and Tony? That floor is too beautiful! Can my cars and I come live at your place?
:-]

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
phantom309 said:
....and Tony? That floor is too beautiful! Can my cars and I come live at your place?
:-]
Yes:) this can be their winter home.

John's car is a 5000 body car as well, maybe Peter can help on this with his Blue 78'

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's a 78 car?? Yo Peter!! If you use Tony's pics as a guide, we'll get to the bottom of this.

Beautiful car, btw. I'll trade you one of the Minimoog prototypes for it!

:)

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
phantom309 said:
That's a 78 car?? Yo Peter!! If you use Tony's pics as a guide, we'll get to the bottom of this.

Beautiful car, btw. I'll trade you one of the Minimoog prototypes for it!

:)
What's that?

Call me..... I sent you my # again in case you forgot it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah Fred....what's the prototype Virtuoso worth in Countach dollars??

Enquiring curators want to know!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm here. Interesting minimoog trade. That's an analog synthesizer that makes beautiful music for those who didn't know.

I'm not home right now, when I do...I'll get the tape measure out.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
peter_k said:
I'm here. Interesting minimoog trade. That's an analog synthesizer that makes beautiful music for those who didn't know.

I'm not home right now, when I do...I'll get the tape measure out.
Great!

Thanks peter.

Now we will know once and for all if there is a difference other than the ride hight.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
weird!!
I could NOT see it at all since last evening!

Thanks Peter. How about the only living Rev 1 Prophet 10 single manual prototype?? Huh, huh?? C'mon! You could always put some wheels on it!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts