Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there have the ride height of their C/T.

My 84 LP500S is :
Front spoiler to ground 19 cm
Mid car sill to ground 12 cm
Rear wheel arch to center 24 cm

Just intrested.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
The LP400s is much lower, specially the front spoiler is about 10cm nearer to ground...

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
They changed the ride height with the LP500s, it should be more or less the same as yours, also the spring get old and older cars will be lower :p

I'll measure when I'm in the garage tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very interesting ! hmm, wonder why, does it hav original springs or after market ones. Mind you they were all hand built so each is different.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Stock set up and springs - had shocks regenerated adding 10 kilos of return per shock - in the back I increased the rubber stopper in case of bottoming out by 2.5 cms - rear tires no longer rub on the wheel wells during hard accelerations or uneven road surface. Should be original height unless my springs shrunk.......... Alex

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Raymond, looking at the pics of your car the ride height looks to be about the same as mine, did you get chance to check it. ?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
my 400 s1 :
front spoiler about 10 cm....:eek: , i' ll take the exact measure soon

·
Registered
688 Posts
Don't scratch the paint with your ruler !! :p

·
Registered
688 Posts
By the way...

Hi everyone :wave:
Can a LP400S Second serie or a LP500S be lowered to the LP400S first serie spec ? As anyone done it before ?

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Yes it can, but I wouldn't do it...

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Ayanami said:
By the way...

Hi everyone :wave:
Can a LP400S Second serie or a LP500S be lowered to the LP400S first serie spec ? As anyone done it before ?
hi eric, it is possile....but it is not cheap(i lowered my new beetle and i think absorber and springs change for a countach is much more expensive )and it is a
work for a pro.
more so low cars are not practical ( believe me, i really love low cars look and handling, but you have to be always very carefull and in the end this will stress you ...and it is possible you will change your mind)
in a word: i will never lower a lambo
only my 2 cent, i know about a man who lowered an S1 :confused:

·
Registered
688 Posts
emilio said:
i know about a man who lowered an S1 :confused:
Woww..must have been the fastest mower of the world then :p

That was just an idea. I was thinking that....ok Raymond, I can feel your look :D

·
Registered
688 Posts
:wave:

Talking about mower... :evil: Did you drink too much that day Raymond ? :p

Anyway, I just arrived in France, a bit sad to leave Singapore and my girlfriend behind after two wonderful years.. She'll be coming soon though so...I'd better find the Countach before she arrives:p ...

It's nice to be back on the forum

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
if you want to pass this kind of streets you'd better buy an LM raymond.. ;)

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
I am guilty! Joe Sackey is going to be mad at me :rolleyes: BUT.... I lowered my 86' Downdraft to look like a S1 Countach, see the pics in my garage. Adjustable coil overs on all 4 corners so you can set it to the height you like. A quattrovalvole downdraft lowbody....YES! you can have it all. ;)

Valentino liked it!

Tony Lambo

1 - 20 of 29 Posts