Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I had the bright idea to remove the six tail light lenses in my Countach. As everything else in the Countach, a very simple task can become quite complex. Three of the 12 little 7mm nuts were rusted and impossible to loosen (even after 24 hrs soaking in WD40). Very carefully, with a mini hack saw blade I was able to remove them without damaging the rear of plastic light panel. Now I will have replacements machined from billet. Should have them by Friday - will post pictures. When I bought my car the back light assemblies were not completely waterproof - hence the rust. I was extremely careful in the disassembly because Lamborghini no longer has the red reflective panes of the Euro model. I cleaned the light sockets which were oxidized and will replace the bulbs with new ones. The lenses and inside of the lights were cleaned and look brand new now.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I recently bought the red plexiglas housing from Wil de Groot through Ebay, he bought it from Eurospares the tape is still around the paper.
The piece is easy to reproduce, take a piece of red plexiglass and make your own, of course this will cost a lot but it can be done and now you know where is a spare piece to take measures... :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4508069869

I wonder how long it will take and the factory asks me for spare parts ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts