Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder what the difference is between US headers and EURO headers?
On my US FI car the "headers" are wrapped with an alu or lead shield.
Are they very different under the wrapping?
Are the EURO factory headers wrapped in the same way?
What will I gain if I replace them with EURO factory headers or any aftermarket SS headers?
What are my options on aftermarket headers?
Prices?
Who are the manufacturers of today?
Burtoni? Larini? Quicksilver?
And, can I fit them without removing engine?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hi Bjoern,

Mine are single tubes that go from the head and join before the connection pipe. If you want I can go and attach a couple of pictures.

Your car is 6 numbers before mine - Mine is GLA12988

Alex

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
In the engine remove thread I posted pictures of the Larini headers I got, since I had already SS header I sent them back 2 weeks ago...

The swiss headers had those alu shields as well and co measure tubes.

It depends which kind of headers / link pipes you have the US version with catalysts had two in one link pipes.

Larini produces all of them, mine are lying now in their store (hope to get my money back soon).
http://www.countach.ch/HeadGasket/Step6/index.html

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
downdraft said:
Hi Bjoern,

Mine are single tubes that go from the head and join before the connection pipe. If you want I can go and attach a couple of pictures.

Your car is 6 numbers before mine - Mine is GLA12988

Alex
Alex,
Thanks for replying. Would like to see som pics if possible.
Are your headers factory original or aftermarket SS?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
raymond said:
In the engine remove thread I posted pictures of the Larini headers I got, since I had already SS header I sent them back 2 weeks ago...

The swiss headers had those alu shields as well and co measure tubes.

It depends which kind of headers / link pipes you have the US version with catalysts had two in one link pipes.

Larini produces all of them, mine are lying now in their store (hope to get my money back soon).
http://www.countach.ch/HeadGasket/Step6/index.html
Raymond.
I have an euro aftermarket exhaust system without cats which I got from Mike Pullen when visiting him. I don't know what brand it is...It looks identical to my other ANSA system but made of SS. Why did you return your Larini headers? :confused: How much are they?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Bjoern, mine are original - my car has always been in italy and every single service was carried out at the factory, the privious owner was a fanatic in this regards - a very well known person at Lamborghini. Tomorrow I'll post some pictures.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Bjoern, also Quicksilver is producing them, if you already have a SS system leave it like it is, that was the reason I sent back the Larini's.

I don't know which ones I have in my car, I suppose the same as Alex, I have only the connections for the air pump, no co tubes, no alu wrapping.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
raymond said:
Bjoern, also Quicksilver is producing them, if you already have a SS system leave it like it is, that was the reason I sent back the Larini's.

I don't know which ones I have in my car, I suppose the same as Alex, I have only the connections for the air pump, no co tubes, no alu wrapping.
I do not have the euro headers. That's what I am looking to buy if someone can tell the difference between headers and my "headers"? ;) Is there an opening between each cylinder outlet, more like a manifold, on the US version?

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
This engine has the euro headers:

this is a FI 25th engine:

the swiss cars had single manifold like the euro but wrapped with alu and also the co measure tubes -> see attachment

If you don't need the air pump you could install the Larini's I sent back.
Larini produces also a SS copy of the Ansa Exhaust...

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Bjoern,

just got the confirmation of Larini that they got my headers back and are now in their stock in London.

http://www.larinisystems.com/

As I know Burtoni makes a replacement of the Ansa-Exhaust but no headers.
But I prefer the reproduction by Larini Systems of the Ansa in high quality Aircraft SS, brightly polished.

Quicksilver does also but I have no information.
http://www.quicksilverexhausts.com/

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
raymond said:
Bjoern,

just got the confirmation of Larini that they got my headers back and are now in their stock in London.

http://www.larinisystems.com/

As I know Burtoni makes a replacement of the Ansa-Exhaust but no headers.
But I prefer the reproduction by Larini Systems of the Ansa in high quality Aircraft SS, brightly polished.

Quicksilver does also but I have no information.
http://www.quicksilverexhausts.com/

Raymond,
Thanks for the info. How much did you pay for the Larini headers?
Can I replace all of them without pulling engine? :tup:

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Bjoern,

I paid the official price minus £100 because I didn't want them polished brightly, shipment is included in their price, I think the price for the headers was £1000.
Talk to them perhaps you can get a discount if you take the headers and the sport exhaust together...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jollygood1 said:
Raymond,
Thanks for the info. How much did you pay for the Larini headers?
Can I replace all of them without pulling engine? :tup:

Anybody, can I replace Countach headers without pulling engine/trans?

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Yes, it's possible but a bunch of work... calculate a minimum of 8 hours.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
raymond said:
Yes, it's possible but a bunch of work... calculate a minimum of 8 hours.
Raymond,
Tnx for the info and time estimate. Better with 8 hours wrenching than pulling engine... ;)
I see out of the pics that the Larini headers are welded together of small pieces. I realize these weldings and edges are even more visibel and bigger on the inside!!! How's that compared to mandrel bent headers? Was this the reason you returned them?
All, how's the overall quality of a Larini system (UK) compared to other systems?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
raymond said:
Bjoern,

I paid the official price minus £100 because I didn't want them polished brightly, shipment is included in their price, I think the price for the headers was £1000.
Talk to them perhaps you can get a discount if you take the headers and the sport exhaust together...

When Jet Hot Coating headers, is it preferred to have stainless steel headers or mild steel headers? What's the difference?
Is it recommended also to Jet Hot Coat the headers on the inside? If so, why?
Can anyone shed some light on this?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts