Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to to a service on my 84 CT. Any ideas about the best ignition leads to get and also best plugs to use. Also where can I get a set of leads made up.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I made my own for my 83 lp5000s. I purchase two sets of msd solid core v8 universal sets with straight boots. I cut the wires to correct length and ran them through all the looms. It looked great and the quality is way better than stock.
dave

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I was also doing my own set with MSD wires, I took the red 8,5mm.
It was a hard work to drill all the donuts to the correct diameter to get the wires through.
I bought MSD wire in bulk and used the original rubber boots.

Terry you could also contact Magnecor in UK, send them your old set and they will produce you a new.

Tomorrow my countach goes to the garage for the head gaskets, I will take some pictures of the almost ready plug wire set :wave:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I highly recommend NGK plugs, the best on the market IMO against fouling. :wave:

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Best against fouling is an adequate Ignition Box like the MSD or Permatune and a correct setup distributor.
If sufficient energy is at the plug, the plug itself doesn't matter that much.
Important is to use the correct heat factor plugs.

The Countach QV has smaller plugs like bikes, I plan to use Denso Iridium Plugs but I think there is no big difference.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Raymond,

Just a thought. My car revs up to 7000rpm with no misfire, should I bother to change the leads and plugs now anyway. the plugs were new 6000km ago, I think the leads are original.
Of course here in Spain we do not get any moisture so no problems with tracking etc.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
My plugs are > 10t Km old, forget about the plugs, nowadays they are of such good quality you can use them 20t Km and more.

To change the wires would be a good idea, the original Cavis are just garbage!

Contact Magnecor in UK as my personal good advice.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Here a picture of my own made MSD plug wire set.
Needs to be cut to correct length but this will be done when the engine is out and head gaskets replaced.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Terry,

what is your experience with the Magnecor wires?

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Raymond, so far no problems, they definately improved things along with your ignition system, easy to fit and very neat

1 - 12 of 12 Posts