Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I put the parking lights on, the dash lights also come on...normal. Then I put the headlights on and the dash lights go out. Is it the switch? Peter

·
Registered
568 Posts
Peter could be that a relay went bad up front. Or as in my case for the A/C the wires were not connected properly to the swith itself. If you have a wire diagram it maybe time to start tracing if all else fails.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It worked fine until I loosened the bolts to look under there at something. Set it back down and screwed it back. The the dash lights didn't work with the headlights. Went back in and all wires to the switch are plugged in and tightly. Shook the wires and nothing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Peter,sorry I can't help with your lighting but I live in Northern Ct and have in the past month or so gotten my first Countach (881/2).What do you do for emissions testing,have you been able to pass? My car does not have the smog equipment and I have flunked twice. Any suggestions? Also who can you recommend for repairs and such.Maybe get together some day and BS.Thanks Andy

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nah nah nah nah...I don't have to deal with emissions :p Thank God! My car would NEVER pass.
But seriously, I been using Wil Degroot at www.excoticars-usa.com
Great work and great people. I believe they can get the car set up to pass emissions. But the smog stuff I'm not sure about.
Emssions...no trick or secret...you just have to go and see what happens. But you failed twice, it's doesn't mean you can't drive it for now.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
You know Peter ,

that "if you had any sense and class at all" that you would buy a banner ad here and support this community!!!

by trying to sneek in this spammy post you not only outed yourself, but you made Wil look like a particiant in your SPAM!!!

I feel for Wil as I suspesct he was talked into this by you & others rather than being a willing participant to Ad theft!

·
Registered
52 Posts
ltadmin said:
"if you had any sense and class at all" that you would buy a banner ad here and support this community!!!

by trying to sneek in this spammy post you not only outed yourself, but you made Wil look like a particiant in your SPAM!!!

I feel for Wil as I suspesct he was talked into this by you & others rather than being a willing participant to Ad theft!
What ??? Ouch!! I think if I showed the replies on this thread to Wil he would say 'ignore it'. Talk about lack of class! Is there some unwritten rule that folks are not allowed to mention a shop that has provided good service? Yes, I suppose we should 'buy a banner ad here'. We support another Lamborghini site already and have donated to F-chat in the past (but they were sooooo expensive!).

I'm not sure I feel inclined to donate to a site with administrators who like to attack.... I don't know who you are LTDADMIN and 'Mr Numb Nuts', but I think you owe apologies.

If there is someone with a question about passing smog tests I'm sure you could email Wil for an opinion. He does not present himself as any kind of guru but would try to steer you in the right direction.

Sandy de Groot @ Exoticars USA, where I know Wil (shop owner) would not want to dive into this degenerating discussion

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
To address the rest of your questions..

ltadmin breaks down to LT for Lamborghini Talk & Admin for Main Administrator, OTWKA (Other Wise Known As) owner of this site.

Support can come in many ways just like SPAM. When they come one disquised as the other I call them out, It's actually part of my job here!!

I don't care who works on what where or how...I do care about threads that ask innocent looking questions that never get answered and then proceed to break into infomercials!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
peter_k said:
When I put the parking lights on, the dash lights also come on...normal. Then I put the headlights on and the dash lights go out. Is it the switch? Peter
Peter,

Sorry you got attacked over your mechanic.

There is no collusion going on here folks. I try really hard to please and if people appreciate that, it doesn't necessarily mean there is any kind of a conspiracy going on. I don't know of one anyway.

Due to a lack of a lot of free time, not a lack of interest, I don't spend a lot of time on these forums but I have logged on a few times here lately and I have to say it put a smile on my face to see my name mentioned a several times in a positive way. Thank you for the kind words and referals guys, it's much appreciated. On Fchat the guys are constantly promoting their favorite place to take their cars and no one seems to get upset about it.

Sorry about your plight with the dash lights, Peter. I saw the original post and thought JRV gave you good advice. I really had nothing to ad to it at the time. It most likely is a loose wire somewhere. You need to get in there with a probing test light (cheap, at the local parts store) and just slog it out and trace the circuits. You probably had a bad connection that got worse when you disturbed it.

It's tough when we're working on customers' cars and things like that happen.
It's like:"Yeah, I guess we caused the horns to quit while working on the headlights but it's really not our fault. It's just old wiring".

Wil :)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Hi Wil,

last time because I'm busy!!!

SPAM IS SPAM!!!

if you want to HELP the Community then get after it...you don't even need permission!!!

The Admin here knows threads that are wasting time & talking in circles when he sees it. Believe me, many have tried this game before you...old game...same results!!!

Having been here from before the first day I know my way around BS!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
ltadmin said:
Hi Wil,

last time because I'm busy!!!

SPAM IS SPAM!!!

if you want to HELP the Community then get after it...you don't even need permission!!!

The Admin here knows threads that are wasting time & talking in circles when he sees it. Believe me, many have tried this game before you...old game...same results!!!

Having been here from before the first day I know my way around BS!!!

Hey, I told you it's not spam, KISS MY ASS!!! LOSER!!!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
And just when I was thinking you were going to finally "get it" and solve a Lamborghini Countach Dashlight Problem or any any other problem for that matter, or even talk about Lamboghinis in some form or fashion you go and get all pissy!!!

:confused:

·
Registered
108 Posts
JRV / LTAdmin - I think you're being overly harsh by calling the above spam, and certainly so by suggesting it was a conspiracy. One member asked another for advice on getting his car to pass emissions, and another simply posted his satisfaction with a vendor that could probably help. From the Lamborghini-Talk Terms of Service:

"Acceptable Use Policy - You and other users are invited to post appropriate knowledge or commentary on the Site, including, but not limited to, facts, advice, "tips" and opinions."

Certainly Peter's endorsement of Will's shop counts in the advice and opinions categories. I might feel differently if Peter had said that Wil's was the finest shop on earth and the only one in the country that could do it right, but he didn't. He just said he'd used them in the past and been pleased.

I really enjoy this site and have found it useful as an owner, and I certainly don't think anyone should get a free ride for advertising. I and others are able to enjoy the site because of the support of the advertisers. However, Will wasn't the original poster and Peter's not going to get any advantage from helping Will when he's in a completely different country.

For me, the MOST important thing that I get from this forum and others like it is knowledge of shops/vendors/parts places/insurers that others have used successfully (or unsuccessfully). I would never have bought my first Ferrari without that kind of information (which helped me find a qualified independent mechanic in my city). I'm now on my third exotic because this type of information keeps the hobby more affordable and enjoyable for all of us. How many times has someone asked a question like "Where can I get a PPI in XYZ City?" You shouldn't assume that any answer to that question is shameless spamming by someone helping a shop owner, any more than to this question.

In the end the site is yours and you are free to run it as you see fit, but as a member and an owner, I can tell you that without the free ability to share information about people or organizations that support the marque (even if they don't necessarily support the site), the value of this forum deteriorates quickly.

In my opinion, one of the BEST things you can do to ensure the life and growth of this forum is to get qualified Lamborghini mechanics to participate. They won't do that if they can't participate (which is, for the most part, helping the members from sheer generosity of their time and knowledge - I seriously doubt they get many new customers by reading about problems hundreds or thousands of miles away) without also paying to advertise. You know this because you're the FIRST mechanic who is usually there to offer help. I would be slow to barbecue Wil or Sandy just because this particular thread didn't net much of a solution.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
The Forum is going on 4 yrs old!! This Forum has Never been a secret to the Lamborghini Mechanics of this world. If they want to help, as I explained there is no permission neccesary, in fact we have several Lamborghini Mechanics & Insiders here that help out whenever they are needed. We also have several Lamborghini Mechanics that NEVER help out unless there is some immediate return for them involved. Since I give so freely of my time and services here it is not that difficult for me to spot the short sighted individuals, those who only give for some immediate take. Additionaly..if you go back and read this thread I simply asked for it to answer some tech related questions and not turn into a long running commercial with absolutely no tech value. This thread is still useless imo, as it hasn't begun to be what the title suggests it is, A Tech Question.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
WHAT THE F%^@?????????????????????
I asked two boards to help me out.
JRV, be nice to me!!!!!!!!
I've been HERE, I have NOT said anything bad of you on either boards. I look at both sites like YOU do. Been with the site through banning and all the bs words with both sides over the years and did not want to get involved.
Stop looking for trouble, I havn't got any trouble for anyone.
I am a busy guy, hard to post all the time though I read as much as possible.

Leave Wil and his wife out of this...nice folks that have NO hidden agends.

As far as my lights, I just was able to work on them last night. And went back in to look for a loose wire. What I find was the "single wire to dash lights when the headlights are on" were not connected to the switch BUT to another wire, which is red, that goes down underneath and outta sight. Why someone would have made that connection, let alone why it worked up until I went under there, is beyond me. Anyway, I connected it back to the switch and it works. Now watch, I'll be driving at night and my headlights will slowly dim until the battery is dead. :eek:

I WENT UNDER THERE TO SEE HOW THE DAMN LIGHTER IS SET UP. BECAUSE I MUST HAVE SOMETHING TO CHARGE THE CELLPHONE WHEN/IF I TRAVEL UPSTATE NEW YORK....THE MOUNTIANS.
Can anyone tell me how this lighter is set up. Back in the 70's, did they want the drive to put the cig in the hole to light it? Because the thing does not come out like conventional lighters. Very fustrating.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts