Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my Jalpa for the last two years and have found it to be a rewarding experience. I would like to add a countach to my small collection (0ne car lol!) and would like some advice/feedback form current/previous owners. I would like feedback as far as present/future market conditions, carbs vs fuel injection, sources (dealers, private, ect..) Maintence issues ect....or anything anyone thinks is important to know before investing in one of these beauties. Also, does anyone know the seller and/or car being advertised on this site (82 countach).

Thanks to everyone in advance for the help.

FrankD

·
Registered
93 Posts
frank said:
I would like feedback as far as present/future market conditions, carbs vs fuel injection, sources (dealers, private, ect..) Maintence issues ect....or anything anyone thinks is important to know before investing in one of these beauties. Also, does anyone know the seller and/or car being advertised on this site (82 countach).

Thanks to everyone in advance for the help.

FrankD
Certainly in the UK Countachs have held their value at GBP 45,000 ish for the last 6 years or so. Mine is carbed but I believe US ones are injected so can't comment on that really but I guess injection is easier to maintain. I suppose the most important thing is dealer service history and checking for a completely clear exhaust once she's warmed up. Check the central locking works properly, it's a bit dodgy on mine and someone else's too.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
I've never owned one myself, but I'm always on the lookout for a cherry LP400. I think this early model will be the most prized of the Countach series as far as future investment value goes (just a hunch based on what other collectors tell me), but from what I've heard, it's far from the best performer.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Any C/T is going to cost money to run and maintain, but I believe no one who has bought one in the last 10 years will lose money in the next 10 years or so.
My LP500 S may not be the fastest, but it sure is enough for me.
It´s a drug !!

·
Registered
688 Posts
I agree with Terry. Buying and maintaining a Countach does cost money, but there is no doubt you will get your money back when selling it. I think we are talking about ''reasonnable'' budget here.
As for earning money with cars, that's another story. Investing means big big budget (prices for a Veyron for example will definitively go up and up..)...If you're focused on a Countach, and still looking for a pure investment, then you should look for a LP400, eventually a S first serie, store it for the next 10 years before putting it back on the market. ..but this doesn't sound really fun to me :) ...and I doubt you would resist that long to go for a ride once, twice, and...then you're hooked. :p Too late...your investment turned into a drug..so you won't let it go, whatever the price you're offered :D

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Here is my take on this. Owing a Countach is a privilege. It is a time capsule bringing us back to an exciting time when Super Cars were really Super Cars. The Countach is the last car the Ferruccio Lamborghini was directly involved in and certainly reflects his thinking. It is also the last car that truly deserves his name to be on it.
I am fortunate to own a 1990 Anniversary Car. For me its not about money or investment potential but all about being able to own a piece of automotive history. To own one of the most exciting cars ever produced by Lamborghini. To be able to drive an incredible rolling piece of automotive art. How can you put a price on that?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Wowww...That's exactly it !! Nicely put...Thanks Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts