Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't know if any of you caught it, but a white/black 5000 S with the ugly US front and rear bumbers sold yesterday at the Barrett-Jackson auction for $70,000+ the buyer % fee. Not bad considering the interior color and bumpers. I caught it about half way so I did not hear the mileage. The commentators were not very positive about the car and were making references to F cars, Brock Yates was one of them and he should be smacked for not saying anything good about the Countach considering he wrote The Cannon Ball Run!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah I've seen the B.J auctions many times and if it's not an old american classic they really are not nice. In fact "nasty" when it came to Lambo. I have even heard an announcer say something to the effect of "ugly and he does not get it" when it came to a Countach sale a couple of years ago. I'm an American but also 4th generation Italian living in the US and it is offensive to me to hear someone who obviously does not have a clue about lambo history including the very bold and talented Ferruccio's struggle to compete with the likes of Ferrari, creating the most beautiful, radical and powerful cars of the day. Just some thoughts from a new member...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts