Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend had just bought a Countach with chassis number 1121272 and engine number 1121070, not a clear story...We search some informations about story of this two numbers, if you know something...Thanks. Eric

·
Registered
94 Posts
The www.lamborghiniregistry.com has #1121272 listed as a 1981 model that was "destroyed by fire in 1990, last seen in Massachusetts". Car #1121070 is an 1979 model year which is listed as "striped interior, last in France. It appears your friend got two messed up cars that were used to make one good one.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ok, he beat me to it.
But all in all, for the right price it maybe an ok car. I mean, one car burned...motor was probably good. The other may have been stripped. BUT MOST IMPORTANT there is no indication of wreckage and rebuild.
Your buddy can always bust balls and demand some money back.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Ouch!

Did he pay alot for it?

Did he not see the different #'s before he bought it?

Was it bought from a dealer or private?

Just asking so I can think of a way to help.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
The owner knows the Lambo registry.
But the information in the registry isn't always correct...

Perhaps that car was only said to be destroyed and exported... who knows.

In the end the only thing that helps is the vin stamped on the chassis tube in the engine bay.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply, I well know the Lamborghiniregistry and I saw the identications on the two cars. The car is now red with blue and white interior, original body color was blue, engine number 1121070 and chassis number 1121272. There's a lot of question about this two cars, why a number stampped on an US cars is a a car in France and why this number was stampped on the other car ?
I try to have some information at the factory but Valentino tell me that there's a lot of informations destroyed on the early countach after a fire at the factory.
Eric

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
The Chassis-Nr must not be identical to the engine number...
Since the chassis is stamped 1121272 it's that chassis, perhaps the car had an engine failure and got another engine...

The factory fire was incidentally destroying the archive of the early countach, incidental the time many strange things with ownerships went on (pre Mimran)
what a pity that nobody can find out what all these owners did any more... (I know some stories)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Raymond, on this car the interior and the origninal body color are OK with the engine number 1070, but not with the chassis number 1272, I think that this number was re-stamped on the car. I don't saw the car at this time, I expect to see it in the next week.

Eric

1 - 9 of 9 Posts