Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This is my first post here. If these questions had already been answered, please forward me to the thread.

I am thinking of buying either a Ferrari 360 or a Lamborghini Gallardo. From what I learned so far, maintenance costs for a Lamborghini are way lower. I wonder if owners of the Gallardo could post here ballpark numbers for maintenance: how often it needs to be done and costs. Also, any idea of cost of insurance? (I know it varies according to the driver's profile and his relationship with the insurance company, but a ballpark number would be really appreciated.) Also, any other unexpected costs or anything I should know before start looking for a Gallardo?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
You'll find many threads on this. Oil every 7500 miles, Trans fluid every 15000 miles. Brake fluid every year, coolant every 4-5 years maybe. That's all there is to it for the most part. How much these things cost depends. Dealer can set you way back, or you can DIY it for very very little. To put it in perspective: tyres and fuel will far outweigh normal maintenance.

Just dig a little for more details.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Vendor
419 Posts
You will definitely find that info, like Gvan said. I believe he even had a spreadsheet on here at one point with a very specific breakdown of maintenance costs. If you are a DIY guy, the cost of ownership isn't bad at all. The clutch is probably the biggest one, but you can pick up one of ours and last 2-3x as long mileage wise so even that one is drastically reduced.

Anyways, as for the comparison, the Gallardo will definitely be cheaper. It's all Audi for most of the service items like brakes, the engine itself, etc. The 360 will rack up a decent bill for labor cost and frequency just from the timing belt alone. Ferrari wasn't using timing chains on those cars like you find in more modern models including the Gallardo (and most OHC engines of any make now).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gotcha. Thank you so much for the initial help. I will search more here about this.

Another question. In my region there is no Lamborghini dealers, I assume good, independent shops specialized in high-end sports car can perform the regular maintenance?

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I had to ask, as with Ferrari it seems that a diagnostics tool is required, and only dealers and few independent have this tool...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts