Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how reliable these super cars are? I am thinking of getting into the Lambo market. I really like the Diablo stile (don't like the name of it - call me superstitious), but it looks like for the price of Diablo I can find slightly used Gallardo.
Which car would you guys recommend from both perspectives - exclusivity and maintenance/year cost?

Thanks.

·
Registered
232 Posts
How often are you going to drive them? How many miles a year do you plan on putting on it? Will the car sit for long and do bursts of high miles and then be stored again? What year and model Diablo? Do you have experience in exotic car ownership? Don't mean to pry, but I'm just asking because the answer will depend largely on the answers to those questions. Also, a lot of it is relative. I know people who think 6,000 miles a year is a lot, and others who feel 12,000 miles a year is not bad.

In my experience, Diablos are quite reliable. They have their problem areas so they are not too bad to keep an eye out for repairs. I see far more Gallardos than I do Diablos. Maintenance/year, a new car will always beat an old car. Warranty aside, I don't know enough about the Gallardo to answer that very well.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
I think the Diablo's are by far more desirable right now. Gallardos are becoming very common, not that that's a bad thing, but if your looking for exclusivity, the Diablo is the way to go. As with any car, buy the newest model you can find to eliminate most problems.

·
Registered
148 Posts
you can spend and spend really, depends on how much and how you drive it. A clutch is about 4-5k to replace and some people only get a few thousand miles from one :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts