Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All - I've been thinking of either upgrading my Gated Gallardo Spyder, or keeping it forever and adding a pre-loved Performante Spyder to the stable (Preferably Verde Mantis). I still love my Gated G, as it is a very special car. Having recently bought a 997.2 Turbo S, I'm addicted to the speed - a Perf Spyder seems like the the perfect car---

I'm probably not a buyer this year - so I can be patient to wait for pricing to stabilize before getting serious.

I don't need crazy low mileage, because I want this to be a driver.

Anybody care to "forecast" what a nice example could be bought for in 2022 or so?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,062 Posts
$320k-$360k. If you can find one.
That’s about right for now, and because of the rarity of the car I doubt it will go down and in fact maybe even up as the V10 gets replaced. I don’t think I would wait if I found the right car. There are several of them out there right now, I just saw 7 on DuPont registry’s website. There are more on Autotrader and others.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments. Is the Perf "night and day" better than the Huracan Spyder LP610? I'm having a hard time swallowing the $100K difference +/- and wonder if having a Huracan Spyder (non Perf) AND another toy would be more fun---

·
Registered
504 Posts
Thanks for the comments. Is the Perf "night and day" better than the Huracan Spyder LP610? I'm having a hard time swallowing the $100K difference +/- and wonder if having a Huracan Spyder (non Perf) AND another toy would be more fun---
Performance wise I believe that the EVO is the same - sexy wise not so much- most Perf's have the a ton of forged carbon plus the ALA system.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I’ve had both. 2015 Huracan 610-4 and 2018 Performante. Simple answer, yes. The Perf. Is without a doubt worth the extra money! For to many reasons to list here. The only way to convince yourself is to drive both. NOTE: mine are/were not Spyders.

Reactions: LamboGrasshopper

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
OK, today I drove a few cars to see what I'm missing. I checked out an Aerial Atom (LOVED the Atom, but the one I drove was not the right one...I see an Atom in my future!!!).

I also got to drive a 2017 Huracan 610-4. I definitely know that is not the car for me--- I was glad to do it, because I actually appreciate my Gated G for what it is. I prefer the visceral rowdy aspects of my gated car. The huracan sounded awesome though. It was smoother and nicer than I expected. No knocks, I just expected it to feel more raw. (By comparison, my 997.2 Turbo S shifts harder, and feels much faster. At high altitude, I think the turbos just do better. Huracan has more HP than the turbo, but the Turbo has 100+ foot pounds of torque, which you can really feel).

I really need to drive a Perf though, as I expect that is closer to what I am looking for.

The Denver dealer should have an EVO to try in a month or so, which I am eager to do. In the interim, I was stoked to rip around in my Turbo S, and say hi to my Gated Gallardo when I got home. Sometimes the car we want is already under our noses!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,062 Posts
It is hard to do better than a gated G for rawness. They refined the Huracan considerably, and it has taken me years to get used to it. I think a Perf or EVO might do the trick for you.

Reactions: LamboGrasshopper
1 - 12 of 12 Posts