Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone's found a material / shop to refinish the silly radio and A/C controls surround? The replacement cost is ridiculous for what is a metal panel with faux leather or whatever glued onto it. My '03 has a bunch of scratches in it, most from just my fingernails when grabbing my phone which often sits there while I drive. It's not annoying enough to spend $1800 on it but would still like it to look better lol.

This is the piece i'm talking about for reference:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Curious if anyone's found a material / shop to refinish the silly radio and A/C controls surround? The replacement cost is ridiculous for what is a metal panel with faux leather or whatever glued onto it. My '03 has a bunch of scratches in it, most from just my fingernails when grabbing my phone which often sits there while I drive. It's not annoying enough to spend $1800 on it but would still like it to look better lol.

This is the piece i'm talking about for reference:

This winter I’ll be pulling mine out and refurbishing it. I have a airbrush set and will respray it.

just curious, do you or anyone know how to remove that face plate without destroying anything?

thanks!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This winter I’ll be pulling mine out and refurbishing it. I have a airbrush set and will respray it.

just curious, do you or anyone know how to remove that face plate without destroying anything?

thanks!
It's been several years, but if I remember correctly that area comes apart relatively easy because I had to get into everything in and around there dealing with the MED alarm system a while back. I was able to take most of that part of the dash apart. Also had those four buttons to the left of the steering wheel, and the 2+2 buttons on each side behind the wheel, replaced by a third party shop in 2019 and the labor was surprisingly low, so I think most of the dash and console come apart without too much effort.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I'll reach out to them soon. Car is off to dealer this week for maint anyway so maybe I'll just ask them to yank the panel for me so I don't have to deal with it, then I can send it off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts