Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking into a aventador coming from a Egear Gallardo and Ugr Huracan.
does the aventador blip throttle when downshifting in Corsa mode? I'm trying to find videos but can't seem to see it in Corsa mode only in sport mode. can someone explain the differences? thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I seen those videos. none of them are in Corsa mode as you can see it shifts slower. does anyone have pov with Corsa?

·
Registered
7 Posts
The throttle does not blip on downshift in Corsa mode. I always drive in sport because downshifting sounds maniacal with aftermarket exhaust and cat delete. Literally sounds like someone is cracking a whip outside!

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
The throttle does not blip on downshift in Corsa mode. I always drive in sport because downshifting sounds maniacal with aftermarket exhaust and cat delete. Literally sounds like someone is cracking a whip outside!
Whenever I see a cat delete post, I always wanna ask the owner how they feel about the volume, and how much does going in strada mode help lower the sound. (assuming you have valves)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Whenever I see a cat delete post, I always wanna ask the owner how they feel about the volume, and how much does going in strada mode help lower the sound. (assuming you have valves)
Ill let you know when my catless valved pwoercraft comes in :whip:

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Ill let you know when my catless valved pwoercraft comes in :whip:
Please do. I want as much input on this as possible before mine goes on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My exhaust is valved, there is literally no difference in sound between the three drive modes, just the normal drive characteristic changes. When you install an exhaust and test pipes... I don't think you are going for subtlety, hah. I just feel the stock AV is wayyyy to quiet to match it's look, especially at idle.

A photo for good measure!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
My exhaust is valved, there is literally no difference in sound between the three drive modes, just the normal drive characteristic changes. When you install an exhaust and test pipes... I don't think you are going for subtlety, hah. I just feel the stock AV is wayyyy to quiet to match it's look, especially at idle.

A photo for good measure!
So when you close the valves and cruise at low rpms, it's just as loud as when the valves are open?
Second, do the valves close in strada mode? I ask because I see no reason to have a controller if it does.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So when you close the valves and cruise at low rpms, it's just as loud as when the valves are open?
Second, do the valves close in strada mode? I ask because I see no reason to have a controller if it does.
It's a custom made exhaust by a local performance shop, I don't think the valve is operated by the drive select. Just opens with throttle being applied across all modes. So I guess this is still not really an answer to your original question. I would imagine without a valve it would be even louder at idle, a bit of overkill in my opinion. This thing is already insanely loud, I think each early morning Cars & Coffee I attend equates to an equal amount of hatred being added to my neighbors perception of me LMFAO.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
It's a custom made exhaust by a local performance shop, I don't think the valve is operated by the drive select. Just opens with throttle being applied across all modes. So I guess this is still not really an answer to your original question. I would imagine without a valve it would be even louder at idle, a bit of overkill in my opinion. This thing is already insanely loud, I think each early morning Cars & Coffee I attend equates to an equal amount of hatred being added to my neighbors perception of me LMFAO.
Aaaahh, gotcha. I got the powercraft catless exhaust sitting in my garage. Supposedly by the youtube videos I watched it's supposed to really quiet down the beast when the valves are closed. Man, I sure hope it does. Also I heard Capristo has the best valve control on catless. SOL said it went to stock sound when they closed. Here's the vid... 4:15 is when he talks about the valve difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts