Lamborghini Talk banner

Correct Power Steering/Lifting System oil; and areas to check for Power Steering/Lifting System oil leaks (2004 Murcielago).

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  NH_to_CA 
#1 ·
How are you guys?! Can somebody please tell me what the Correct/Best Power Steering/Lifting System oil is for my 2004 Murcielago. The service manual I have lists the correct oil as AGIP DEXRON II; however, I don't believe that this oil is manufactured any more. Hopefully, this is something that I can buy at AutoZone, Advance Auto Parts, etc. Also, what areas should I check for Power Steering/Lifting System oil leaks. I think that the Murcielago is currently harder to steer, and the Front Lifting System only works partially/intermittently, and shows an error message on the dashboard when I activate it. I know that Power Steering/Lifting System oil leaks are a common problem for first generation Murcielagos. I searched for answers to these questions on this forum, but wasn't able to find the answers that I need. As always, I greatly appreciate any help from the great and knowledgeable people on this forum. Best Regards--Brock

#3 · (Edited)
How are you Nuvolari?! Thanks so much for taking the time to post this outstanding, very informative, and timely Fluids Guide Video. I'm sure that it will help many Lamborghini owners beyond me. I try to do all maintenance and repairs on my Murcielago, within my realm of experience, knowledge, and skill set. I truly enjoy working on the car also. For me, the Murcielago is the last of the elegant, non over computerized, Lamborghinis--the most beautiful masterpiece of the older flagship models. Thanks again, and be safe and well--Brock

#5 ·
Regarding where it is leaking from, I know a couple people with pre-LPs that have leaking valve blocks. These parts are NLA from Lamborghini and they (Lamborghini ) have washed their hands of the problem.... so we need to either adapt the LP640 version or make a custom one. This'll be a project when mine gives up...

Other leak areas are in the front where the pipe cracks near the union...

#7 ·
This is exactly the kind of thing I wouldn’t know as I currently shop for pre-LP muci ! One @ salt lake city lambo, 2006 red e gear 13k miles said it has “some seepage in the rear, possibly rear main” and when I asked if seep or drip “well two quarter sized spots after it was moved from sitting in showroom for snap test”

That doesn’t mean anything but “Hi I could be great or a nightmare, wanna roll the dice?” To me lol

#6 · (Edited)
For Power Steering fluid Motul Dexron III Part# 105776

One major Return power steering hose that leaks sits in the front trunk area. Part# 410422890

The other hoses sit in the engine bay include:

1) Part# 410422890
2) Part# 410422471
3) Part# 410422893
4) Part# 410422891
5) Part# 413422898

Other then the hoses, sensors could be another issue.
Part# 0R1470156

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.