Lamborghini Talk banner

Correct jacking point to lift the rear end of my 2004 Murcielago (and recommended hydraulic jack and jack stands) to replace my battery.

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Brock 
#1 ·
Hi everybody! I hope that all is well. Can somebody please tell me the location of the Correct jacking point to lift the rear end of my 2004 Murcielago to replace my battery? The service manual I have has a diagram showing this jacking point, but I am not certain about its location, as said diagram lacks detail and measurements. I also need to know the correct jack stand points. Also, can somebody recommend a good reasonably priced rolling hydraulic jack, and jack stands for me to replace the battery in my 2004 Murcielago (hopefully, these are items that I can buy at Harbor Freight Tools, AutoZone, Advance Auto Parts, etc.)? Do I need to use tire chocks to immobilize the front tires when jacking the rear of my Murcielago? Finally, what is the best Die Hard Battery to use in my 2004 Murcielago (that is known to fit and work properly in Murcielagos)? I searched for answers to these questions on this forum, but wasn't able to find the answers that I need. As always, I greatly appreciate any help from the great and knowledgeable people on this forum. Best Regards--Brock

#2 ·
Stimpy and I nearly agree ;-) that you can jack the car up by the rear-most frame cross member that is behind the rear diff. Then place stands under the rear-most parts of the floor that end in a triangular shape (forward of the rear driveshafts). Don't lift too high otherwise the front spoiler hits the deck. Front tyre chocks not essential but but it's easy enough to put a 2x4 under one front tyre to be safe...

#3 ·
Exactly correct. Picking the car up by the rear cross member that the rear diff goes bolted to is both very stable and easy and convenient. Any trolley jack will be fine and you will want to support the car with jack stands. Driving the front tires onto a 2x6 or similar will raise the nose a little allowing for a greater angle of lift but if all you are doing is the battery then the rear tires only need to be just off of the ground. When removing the wheels I strongly suggest using wheel hangers. The wheels are pretty unwieldy on a Murci and wheel hangers makes the job go super easy. If you are not sure what they are check out the following video:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.