Lamborghini Talk banner

1201 - 1220 of 1253 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
The wild card remains the paradigm shift from ICE to electrification. Many might not make that transition. I know that I personally won’t, and have been gathering up the best in class ICE options in anticipation for not buying new cars in the future. How many others share my sentiments? It might well be the case that some of these current cars never find a bottom.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,991 Posts
I will not do hybrid or fully electric vehicles and if that is the trend I will retain the ICE vehicles I have and hope for the best. Every time I hear my neighbors Tesla come out of the driveway it just gives me the creeps.....it sounds like an alien spacecraft in a bad "B" rated movie. Though, that is my opinion and I do not judge those that are enamored with an electric clothes dryer on wheels but it is just not for me.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hmm? I friend just took delivery of a Ferrari SF90 and while it looks great, when it starts up and drives, it sounds like it has "no soul". Sounds like a "try hard" whirr rather than the growl and "snap crackle and pops" of the H & AV. I believe Ferrari are making too many "models" and maybe they will slip in the "status" ladder more to the Porsche level. The other day, here in Australia at a big show (Auto Italia). There were about 70 Ferraris and 10 Lambos. My AV roadster was the only one there and as soon as I opened the doors, it was THE car of the show! Everybody loves scissor doors, V12 naturally asperated.and all those angles!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,991 Posts
@blossomboofy, I love the exterior styling of some of the Ferraris' especially in their signature red color but I am not a fan of the engine note or the dated interiors. Lamborghini is the sweet spot for the sound, interior/exterior styling and power. The centerpieces of the Lamborghini brand are the 10- and 12-Cylinder NA masterpieces.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,205 ·
Great insights. I think Raniers chart reflects more realistic inflation numbers. There has been massive manipulation in both CPI and labor numbers over the last 20 years. If you look at old newspapers it gives real prices from those days. The problem is that most libraries do not keep the advertising section. We find a lot of old publications at flea market and garage sales. Last week I bought a copy of the late 60s Los Alamos guide that detailed the first atomic test and manhattan project. Pure raw data and insights. No Political correctness or revisionist BS. Fascinating stuff. We are being fed false information to generate the public opinion and political climate they want. That is why we cannot trust the numbers ,only real pricing and observations. I think Lambos are surging because of short supply and money moving into hard assets. I agree that this generation of supercars may be the best there ever was. There is such a hard push for electrification to save the planet that ICE will become a thing of the past. The problem is they are making us more and more dependent on an electric grid that is getting weaker and weaker. What happens when there are no ICES and the grid crashes or is crashed by Terrorists. We in Texas just got a good taste of that. No electricity, freezing temps, no gasoline because no power for the pumps. They say the grid came very close to completely collapsing. So Why in the hell are we trying to eliminate ICEs when we could switch to natural gas, burn clean and have tons of reserves???? There has got to be players trying to sell this for massive gain. Follow the money and the real answers will appear. I have no idea what will happen. I think all this spending will fuel a temporary boom but eventually all come crashing down. It is completely unsustainable. Land and hard assets have always held value even if they drop some. I think buying lambos is a safe strategy if you dont pay ridiculous prices.and buy cars that are rare, underpriced or very collectible. Older collectible cars will always have inherent value. Lee

·
Registered
179 Posts
Absolutely agree on all points. In particular, the current infrastructure for the electrical grid is already in a precarious spot with what....2% of vehicles being electric? And they want to phase out ICE vehicles???

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,207 ·
Amen Brother. Most elec vehicles require a 60 amp circuit to charge. That is a lot of watts.60x120 and double that if 240 V Multiply that by 100K and shazam. Meltdown.

·
Registered
334 Posts
The green deal is horseshit it is just angle on a new tax system....carbon credit...if you comply and if you
don’t you will get hammered with a other tax for not being compliant.
There are playing with people ....china ,india and some others are the largest polluters .
But america and europe want to do the right thing ...remember it’s all a game.

·
Registered
560 Posts
The green deal is horseshit it is just angle on a new tax system....carbon credit...if you comply and if you
don’t you will get hammered with a other tax for not being compliant.
There are playing with people ....china ,india and some others are the largest polluters .
But america and europe want to do the right thing ...remember it’s all a game.
The Paris climate accords are just another method to get to an open borders planet.

you get there by securing everyone’s wallet. You do that by making sure only a handful of unelected officials, in a land far, far away (Hague) get to regulate carbon emissions. Past, current and future emissions. They get to control what products can be made, what human activities can be done and even what ideas are permissible. This directly abolishes your local government. Heck, to a certain extent your federal government. We no longer are governed by the people... just an apparatus to control the people of the planet under one voice, one thought, one way.

ps
When Elon gets to Mars, Remind me to hitch a ride!

·
Registered
334 Posts
The Paris climate accords are just another method to get to an open borders planet.

you get there by securing everyone’s wallet. You do that by making sure only a handful of unelected officials, in a land far, far away (Hague) get to regulate carbon emissions. Past, current and future emissions. They get to control what products can be made, what human activities can be done and even what ideas are permissible. This directly abolishes your local government. Heck, to a certain extent your federal government. We no longer are governed by the people... just an apparatus to control the people of the planet under one voice, one thought, one way.

ps
When Elon gets to Mars, Remind me to hitch a ride!
Exactly ...

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,211 ·
I completely agree. It is also a massive global redistribution of wealth scheme . Take the money from us and give to countries in Africa and other poverty stricken parts of the world. And why would we assume that these corrupt leaders would actually not line their pockets with the money? It is like Iran being put on the commission for human rights in the UN. What a joke.(the fox running the henhouse) Why should we be governed by a group in the Hague ? We have built the most successful and powerful economy in the history of the world. We have a bunch of crazed politicians dead set on giving that away. The really scary part is that there is obviously a hidden agenda in all this. The problem is that most people are either too ignorant or uninformed to see what is really happening. For example , there is 10 trillion in spending proposed for THIS year. Divide that by the number of working people in the US and it is blatantly obvious that it is NOT sustainable. 10,000,000,000,000 Divided by 150 million .That does not even count social security which has no money and using revenues from today to pay recipients today. Now lets add carbon tax etc and see how quick the whole house of cards crumbles. I think our lambos could easily go north of a million with hyperinflation unless they tax us out of existence. Lee

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,213 ·
My thoughts exactly. Unfortunately, it may be much sooner than anyone expects.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,991 Posts
I absolutely love this thread it always lifts my spirits! 🤣 Though, TBH, most often it makes me reach for the spirits. 🍺

Reactions: Cadster

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,215 ·
Can you believe this thing has gone 1200 plus posts. It is about miller time.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,216 ·
Funny thing. I used to be a total optimist. After murphys law slammed me down a few dozen times I started to take a much more pessimistic view of the world. THAT was the turning point when I really started building wealth. If you can for-see a high or substantial probability of calamity and plan for it, then when it happens , you are at the top of the heap. Assuming things will stay great is simply not supported by history. I always plan for the worst and let the upside take care of itself. Pretty good business advice for anyone.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,991 Posts
Funny thing. I used to be a total optimist. After murphys law slammed me down a few dozen times I started to take a much more pessimistic view of the world. THAT was the turning point when I really started building wealth. If you can for-see a high or substantial probability of calamity and plan for it, then when it happens , you are at the top of the heap. Assuming things will stay great is simply not supported by history. I always plan for the worst and let the upside take care of itself. Pretty good business advice for anyone.
I hear you! Though, being wealthy and optimistic are not mutually exclusive. I think you have to call it like you see it, and be dedicated to seeing the world as it truly is at all times.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Lee i’m with you exactly ....people say to me why do you think of the worst.
I say because i’m realist...

·
Registered
560 Posts
I completely agree. It is also a massive global redistribution of wealth scheme . Take the money from us and give to countries in Africa and other poverty stricken parts of the world. And why would we assume that these corrupt leaders would actually not line their pockets with the money? It is like Iran being put on the commission for human rights in the UN. What a joke.(the fox running the henhouse) Why should we be governed by a group in the Hague ? We have built the most successful and powerful economy in the history of the world. We have a bunch of crazed politicians dead set on giving that away. The really scary part is that there is obviously a hidden agenda in all this. The problem is that most people are either too ignorant or uninformed to see what is really happening. For example , there is 10 trillion in spending proposed for THIS year. Divide that by the number of working people in the US and it is blatantly obvious that it is NOT sustainable. 10,000,000,000,000 Divided by 150 million .That does not even count social security which has no money and using revenues from today to pay recipients today. Now lets add carbon tax etc and see how quick the whole house of cards crumbles. I think our lambos could easily go north of a million with hyperinflation unless they tax us out of existence. Lee
Lee,
“ I think our lambos could easily go north of a million with hyperinflation unless they tax us out of existence.”

in the near future, I can see lambo owners hiding their cars in barns across America, under bails of hay.

All to prevent government seizure, via massive luxury taxes or gas incitement violations. Otherwise known as the ‘we know what’s best for you and the earth, so shut up! Or you’re a racist policy”

good luck to everyone! We’re going to need it 😀

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
We have built the most successful and powerful economy in the history of the world.
Our problem is the "we" has been obscured. "We" can not even agree what these words even mean, much less what "we" stand for...

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

For most of my life I have been excited about "our" future and the direction of the Country. Alas, I fear we are at the tipping point where these are the best days "we" will ever see. There may be a few more years of residual momentum in the economy stock market, etc. Enjoy it while it lasts, but our fearless leaders seem to be doing everything in their power to stop the flow of milk and honey in this land.

There was a time when I would have, if called upon, laid down my life for this Country. Those days, too, sadly have passed.

Reactions: Lambo2018
1201 - 1220 of 1253 Posts