Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,676 Posts
Angel we will have to pray for the wayward @Ohlgren. 🙏

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,143
Well Elon Musk just put a billion in Crypto. Maybe he realizes that the US dollar is no longer a safe haven for money. I just started another development and bought a third Lambo. I think that older collectible ones are likely to hold value well. With all the inflationary policies being implemented, I think cash and stock are very risky positions. In A real bank collapse there is no way the FDIC can cover all the losses especially since the Federal Government is essentially Bankrupt. There is absolutely complete disregard for trying to control the debt which is rapidly growing completely out of control. There is no way to balance the budget without a massive tax increase which will trigger a huge recession or complete meltdown. Washington does not seem to care. It is just spend spend spend and worry later. The problem is that 30 trillion in debt divided by 150 Million working people is an insurmountable amount. Social security has no money and is paying todays recipients out of todays revenues. It is a whole big house of cards and the wind is blowing. The only question is how big the fall will be and when. It is an almost certainty that it will happen unless drastic changes occur. That is why we see gold and silver in the stratosphere with the stock market at 31K and mortgage rates in the 2s. Big money is looking for a safe place. Historically these three things work opposite of each other. Money flows from stocks into gold and Mortgages, rates drop, gold rises. Now all three are in an unusual configuration. Stocks high, Metals soaring, Mortgage dirt cheap. History will remember this just like 29. Buy land and collectible lambos. Both are good investments and stores of value. Lee (You are welcome to use this explanation to your wife of why you need one) Lee

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,676 Posts
You know Lee after reading some of your posts well, how shall I put this, they are a tad depressing. Word of advice never work on a crises hotline.🤣 Now on the bright side...............🌞

Reactions: DXM31

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,145
Yeah well they fired me from the suicide prevention line. I did cut way down on phone traffic. I just like to make people think about the real world around us. Hopefully it will help someone be successful or at least not lose their money. 30 years ago , I was a total optimist. I guess I have become much more pessimistic or realistic.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Yeah well they fired me from the suicide prevention line. I did cut way down on phone traffic. I just like to make people think about the real world around us. Hopefully it will help someone be successful or at least not lose their money. 30 years ago , I was a total optimist. I guess I have become much more pessimistic or realistic.
So you say the apocalypse is coming ???
Opportunity abound....
I accept the challenge.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,147
Good for you. I am doing the same. You can protect and make a lot of money.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,676 Posts
Hey..... How come Lee gets to talk gloom and doom but not me!

.... I guess forecasting the world collapsing is better than reporting a few soft vintage Lamborghini sales.;)
It's all good! Yin and yang of life.;)

·
Registered
928 Posts
The world collapsing is inevitable, so for me it's not an "if" but a "when". It is totally not in my control so I really don't worry about it.
Lee, a year ago in the Covid thread you were saying the lockdown was going to make everybody go broke, since then you have bought two more Lamborghini's, just sayin.
During Covid the rich got richer.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,151
DXm you make a good point. However my business was already doing really good. The Covid and BLM scares have made even more people move out of the cities. Since I build developments outside the city, our business has probably increased. However, I have not leased a new warehouse in a year and stopped building new warehouses until I rent the vacant one I have. My agent says commercial rentals are way down. I had planned to build three last year. Also I know many restaurant and bar going broke some with many years in business. . Also of note is that when I made the forecasts they were predicting 2 million deaths and went on to inject a trillion dollars into the economy and allow hundreds of billions go to small business rapidly with no repayment.That had a huge impact on small business failures and created a bridge for many that would have otherwise tanked. Had that not happened or the death toll been higher , we would have hit the wall. My forecast was made using the information available at the time. I still think we have troubled waters ahead. All this debt must be paid or serviced. It is growing rapidly out of control Ohlgren, didnt you know that I have special doom and gloom privileges? I feel you man. That is why I bought 2 cars. Great prices and good store of value.

Reactions: REKIII

·
Registered
928 Posts
I have never thought printing more money and handing it out was a good idea regardless of which team it comes from(Red or Blue). 40% of restaurants fail and that was long before Covid although I'm sure Covid created more. I just think if the lock down would have happened sooner and for longer there would have been less than 500,000 deaths. I am just an optimist.

I guess my point is(as if I ever have one) lives are more important than the survive-ability of Wanda's Wicked Kitchen or Joe's barbershop. The diligent are going to find a way to make money.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,153
It is really easy to have hindsight. Also I am not sure the lockdowns actually saved lives in the long run. The death toll numbers arrived at the same percentages either way. It probably helped with hospitals being overrun but many people in lockdown were infected. Also those businesses dont matter unless it is yours and you are the one losing everything and going broke. And what about all the employees of those businesses that lost everything? I wonder how many deaths are a direct result of covid policies and lockdowns. Easily that number is in the hundreds of thousands and may equal the total number of deaths. What if you were dying and not allowed to have family members visit. Can you imagine being all alone with no family at your side and not even being able to say goodbye. What is civil about that? I disagree with your lockdown proposition. This disease was so contagious it was inevitable to have a large death toll until a vaccine , cure or herd immunity was reached. They should have locked down all the extremely vulnerable and provided food delivery, services , etc through safe secure sterile delivery. The vast majority of deaths were in the vulnerable group. THAT would have reduced the death toll, caused us to reach herd immunity much quicker and not destroyed large numbers of peoples lives and businesses. The real culprit here is a bioweapons lab that created and released this on the world. Why are they not being held responsible?

·
Registered
486 Posts
It is really easy to have hindsight. Also I am not sure the lockdowns actually saved lives in the long run. The death toll numbers arrived at the same percentages either way. It probably helped with hospitals being overrun but many people in lockdown were infected. Also those businesses dont matter unless it is yours and you are the one losing everything and going broke. And what about all the employees of those businesses that lost everything? I wonder how many deaths are a direct result of covid policies and lockdowns. Easily that number is in the hundreds of thousands and may equal the total number of deaths. What if you were dying and not allowed to have family members visit. Can you imagine being all alone with no family at your side and not even being able to say goodbye. What is civil about that? I disagree with your lockdown proposition. This disease was so contagious it was inevitable to have a large death toll until a vaccine , cure or herd immunity was reached. They should have locked down all the extremely vulnerable and provided food delivery, services , etc through safe secure sterile delivery. The vast majority of deaths were in the vulnerable group. THAT would have reduced the death toll, caused us to reach herd immunity much quicker and not destroyed large numbers of peoples lives and businesses. The real culprit here is a bioweapons lab that created and released this on the world. Why are they not being held responsible?
Last Spring I told my friends, that the world should have quarantined everyone over 60. Then force everyone else to attend rock concerts and sporting events and have nightclubs open with free cocktails. Within 2 months we would have reached herd immunity and resumed our normal lives.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,155
My thoughts exactly but give people over 60 the option to not Q. I am 60 and in very good physical shape. Had Covid. lasted 4 days like the flu then lingered a little for a week. A lot has to do with peoples physical condition and age.

Reactions: REKIII

·
Registered
486 Posts
My thoughts exactly but give people over 60 the option to not Q. I am 60 and in very good physical shape. Had Covid. lasted 4 days like the flu then lingered a little for a week. A lot has to do with peoples physical condition and age.
My sister got covid. Only lost her taste, Nothing else.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,157
Probably has a lot to do with your immune system and exposure to other pathogens. I have been all over the third world and sick with all kinds of weird stuff. Even got dengue in El Salvador. They say certain blood types are a lot more vulnerable. Who really knows. There has been so much misinformation on this ,it is ridiculous. Lee

·
Registered
486 Posts
Probably has a lot to do with your immune system and exposure to other pathogens. I have been all over the third world and sick with all kinds of weird stuff. Even got dengue in El Salvador. They say certain blood types are a lot more vulnerable. Who really knows. There has been so much misinformation on this ,it is ridiculous. Lee
Although my sister lost her taste when she got covid, I think it runs in the family, as I never did have any taste 😀

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,201 Posts
1141 - 1160 of 1181 Posts